Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently purchased a used 2017 CR-V EXL with the Honda moon-roof visor already installed. I'm interested in removing the visor as it reduces the size of the moon-roof, makes a horrible flapping noise when crossing long bridges on windy days and makes the roof hard to clean. I found the instructions for installing the visor online (Honda Moonroof Part Number 08R01-TLA-100) which explicitly say the visor should not be installed by "do it yourselfers".

Has anyone here ever removed the visor? If so, can it be done by a novice or should it be taken to a dealership?

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
2016 CRV Touring AWD
3,785 Posts
I would start by looking at the installation instructions. Places like college hills honda publishes instructions for dealer installed accessories on their site.
That will help you assess your ability to "reverse engineer " the installation!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Does anyone think that sloopy work during installation at the dealership may result in the sunroof leaking after I take it off? I remember the carfax report saying the visor was “repaired” more than once which makes me think they had trouble installing it.

Also, any thoughts on how to remove the rubber molding that is glued to the roof? I don’t want to damage the paint.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts