Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,

Bought a new 2011. Need to remove the front bumper fascia to install a base plate for a motorhome tow bar.

Anyone know how to remove the plastic retaining things with out destroying them?

Thanks Jim

·
Registered
2 Posts
removing plastic things

some of mine had a center circular part -- pressing that allowed it to be removed -- bet you figured that out -- i just used small needle nose got under on both sides of the stalk and popped them out --

didn't work all the time and a broke a couple getting the rear interior panels out for the wiring harness -- would you know where to get replacements ?? i'm assuming the dealer will have them for a handsome price ....

larry thomson

·
Registered
5 Posts
If the fasteners are the same as those on an '09, then you can use the dashboard/kick panel fasteners from a 2nd gen (95-98) Saturn SL or SW (SOHC or DOHC). I scavenged one off of a kick panel on my '96 SL2 and it fit perfectly. Pick-n-pulls are full of saturns, so go take a look.

Edit: Coupes are a little different, and idk if they use the same fasteners (I would guess so, however)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Guys,

I pick it up Thursday. The dealer wants like $5.00 each. Comes in a plastic bag with Honda on it.

Found some generic ones at the auto parts store, $5.00 for a bag full.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts