Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I somehow got 2 or 3 small dings, more like indentations I would say, on the hood towards the front. Something could have falling on it while parked by a tree or some animal perhaps but not sure the cause. Can only really see it in certain light at a certain angle but I know they're there and those are the little things that bother me.

So is there any way to pull them out? Was thinking of getting a small suction dent puller but not sure if that would work. Don't want to make a project out of it but knowing they are there would like to fix it if possible.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you saying the suction cup thing is paintless dent removal or they are two different things and paintless dent removal is the way to go? If so, then it sounds like it would require more of a professional then I am (aka body shop).

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Paintless dent removal is different than the suction cups, although the suction cup (if they work) could be considered PDR. In my area I don't believe there are many body shops doing it themselves but some offer it, calling in an outside company to do the work. There are a couple of independent shops that specialize, even having a remote service which I have seen on dealer lots fixing cars.

It is a process where they will access the back side of the dent and push them back. I have had it done on three cars, two with door dings and one was hail damaged. One of the door dinged cars was the 07 CRV just before I sold it, it was Whistler Silver, I didn't want to consider trying for a paint match to repair the two dings.

This is the shop I had do mine; http://www.denteliminators.com/

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info. I have seen some mobile PDR companies on the net. Will look around and see what I can find out and decide to do. I'm being picky because I couldn't even see the indentations today since it was overcast. The lighting has to be just right so it may be more hassle and cost then it's worth.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Thanks for the info. I have seen some mobile PDR companies on the net. Will look around and see what I can find out and decide to do. I'm being picky because I couldn't even see the indentations today since it was overcast. The lighting has to be just right so it may be more hassle and cost then it's worth.
You are probably right.

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
Wolf, your car is just getting its patina going and you want to take it away?
C'mon man!
Let it age gracefully, it only shows that it's being used.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
LOL. I drive my wife crazy. She's like "you can't even see it" and I'm like, "but I know it's there" :D

·
Registered
575 Posts
Now I live in a very hot part of the states (Texas) And the summer sun heat can actually bear down and pull out some of those dings and flatten them. So, you may want to wait and see what happens once you are in summer.

I actually had some hail damage to one of my other cars and by default and unbeknowst to me, after one summer the little dings from the hail damage were just about gone.

I love the way my Honda CRV paint changes with the light during the day. Sometimes it looks like another color depending on the angle of the sun or on a cloudy day.

·
Registered
12 Posts
To get the best advise about paintless dent removal is to take several pictures to post or sent to a PDR company. A few dents can be repaired DIY but not many. A good photo will get you the answer. pete

1 - 11 of 11 Posts