Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone removed the UGLY yellow airbag warning visor labels from a 4th gen? I don't want to start a debate on why this is a good or bad idea. Just keep that to yourself!

In all seriousness, the labels on my 2012 seems to be VERY easy to just peel off. I started at a corner for a few millimeters and yes its like a regular sticker. Strange... normally these things are ironed on or something, almost impossible to remove unless using alcohol and goo gone etc. My 2002 CR-V certainly was impossible to rid of that sticker.

I'll probably wait till it warms up a little and peel them straight off this spring.

Has anyone done it yet? Any marks left behind?

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Never done it. Actually never gave it much thought but probably would make for a cleaner look to the visor assuming there's no residue left behind that won't come off.

Normally I end up debadging my cars as well for a cleaner look and just leave the H emblem when it's all said and done, but this time I haven't done that. Guess I like how the V is as it stands.

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
It wasn't a Honda, but last time I tried to de-sticker the visors on a car, it was not possible. Easier to cover them.

I'd take all the logos off if I could. If you take the silver H off the front of the 2013, there's a black H underneath it. <grumble grumble> I do plan to put a blank piece of something in that space. On the back, haven't figured out how to "get the H out of there" yet, but the CRV and AWD badges are gone without a trace.

The wheel hub logos gotta go too.

I tried to buy a jacket last week, one without logos -- easier to sew your own.

·
Registered
868 Posts
It wasn't a Honda, but last time I tried to de-sticker the visors on a car, it was not possible. Easier to cover them.
That's exactly what happened with my truck. Warning labels are gone, but the glue totally messed up the surface.

On my 2011 CRV, there are no labels on the visors. The warnings are printed on the back side. On the vanity mirror doors. Not annoying at all. I assumed that's what they did on all vehicles now. Guess I'm wrong.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
On my 2011 CRV, there are no labels on the visors. The warnings are printed on the back side. On the vanity mirror doors.
Now I'll have to double check :D because come to think of it, I don't recall any kind of sticker on my driver's side when I put the visor down. I'm not really paying too much attention to that as opposed to blocking the glare.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
On my 2012 CR-V, the label is stuck on the underside of the visors. SO, the opposite side of the mirror surface. When you have them folded up (not blocking sun) you can see them... it's pretty awful really LOL.

·
2,813 Posts
I hope you all realize it is illegal to remove these.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts