Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed that the right rear plastic is no longer seated on my 2002 CRV. Does anyone have any instructions on fixing this? I looked underneath to see if there was access from below, but this was pretty much sealed up. I don't know the sequence of removing parts to fix this. Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
586 Posts
My 2006 is like this as well. I snap it into place, but it does not stay! I think the ex. owner backed into things. Both sides are like this on mine!I,m looking for a Haynes manual so I can see how it fits together before I get serious about it. Hal

·
Registered
2,712 Posts

that's how some of the plastic clips look on my first gen, the bottom one slides onto the sheet metal, i don't think this is the clip that's broke, i think it might just be the top one, all it does is pushes into the plastic grommet clipped into the metal, it could of broke off and or popped out, try pushing it back in, if that dose not work report back. ill try to help the best i can, but seeing as i have a gen 1, it might be a little difficult.

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
The rear bumper clips can be accessed by removing your trim pieces inside the trunk, then you can see the ends of the clips, one of them is most likely broken, as Chris said.:(

·
Premium Member
3,666 Posts
Here is an exploded view of the bumper. It shows how the side of the bumper clips in. It is spossible the spacer behind the bumper may need to be replaced if any of the hooks broke off.

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
like we were talking about, they ask then leave
It's almost like spam, 1 post then leave. Eventually we'll need to delete any non-contending members I think. Hopefully this guy comes back, because we gave him a solid way to put it back, or at least let us know if it worked or didn't so we can congratulate him, or give him another suggestion.:(

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
and what ever you do, unless you can get the clips perfectly aligned, dont try to just hit the bumper with anything ( like a mallet ) because then it will defiantly ruin the clips
No the cool way to do it is to hit a wall or a curb. My sister hit a curb in my parents XB and didn't tell anyone. Actually the clip didn't break but the braket that holds it did and the whole part warped from the pieces being out of place. Just another reason to hate that car:D.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts