Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1999 CRV Lx
732 Posts
If you live in a state where you need to have a certified catalitic converter you will probably $$ for it.
If not in such state shop around. I'm sure you will fix it for lot less than that.
Things would be cheaper if you already own a welder.

If you are going for basic radio make sure to get speakers that match the head unit specs.
Better sound involves adding wires and more stuff. If you want more power open another thread just for the audio system. Answers can be a bit more detailed over there.

Definitely go with a kill switch, BUT make sure that activating it doesn't involve turning around or doing any movement that gives away its position.

·
Registered
1999 CRV Lx
732 Posts
Look closely to the pipe going back to the resonator, you need to remove that inner piece or the rattle will drive you crazy.

You need to cut that bracket at the front of the resonator and cut the outer pipe, at around 1.5" front of the resonator inlet. You will notice the size difference of the pipe coming into the resonator, cut at the biggest side.
then slide the inner pipe out. Now weld the pipe to the resonator and then weld the bracket back to its original position.

I bought a welder to do that job specifically but I have fixed few things here and there, yup I got paid for it and now the welder is basically free and making me $$.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts