Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Can't believe someone would steal a 1st gen CRV LOL. I've rebuilt and replaced like 80% percent of the stuff on my 97 CRV. I changed most of my exhaust system after it was rusting out and falling apart ( the broken catalytic converter was clogging up the pipes as well as causing an over heat condition. I can give you part numbers and advice on this if you want, it's really easy to replace.

I'll post the non CA diagram pieces for the exhaust system. CA uses a few different pieces on the system.

Font Line Parallel Slope Triangle

Product Font Organism Parallel Slope

I used the "Northeastern Exhaust" stainless steel exhaust kit from eBay, then for my Catalytic Converter I used "AP / EASTERN 642732" from RockAuto, then the muffler I went with "WALKER 52203" , which was also from RockAuto. Some of the hardware I bought from Honda, although the kit from eBay comes with exhaust gaskets that DO seal correctly (it's what I ended up using on my car). I think if I remember the studs on the converter facing the muffler had no aftermarket, so I had to go Honda for that.

For the O2 sensors I used DENSO 2344098 (Downstream sensor), and DENSO 2344011 (Upstream sensor). I added ant seize when installing the exhuast hardware in case it needed to be removed in the future.

Now my car was a salvage given to me for free by family (it needed A LOT of work, I think it came from the junkyard), so it was already missing it's driveshaft. That exhaust pipe kit I bought from eBay seems be blocking where the driveshaft would go if I had one on there. So you may want to make sure whatever pipe kit you buy that it will clear that shaft first, or you can mod the pipe so it fits correctly. They sell other kits on RockAuto, but I don't think any of them were Stainless Steel which is what I personally wanted.

Felpro should have you covered for most of the gaskets if your're missing any, and there's a lot of aftermarket options for your rubber exhaust hangers. Now if you're staying with your stock exhaust pipe, the aftermarket hangers don't fit correctly. They were causing my stock pipe to hit my car back when I still had the original pipes. So in that case I would stick with stock.

I'll post some photos later today of my current Exhaust system so you can see how it should look, and if you have any questions let me know.

It shouldn't cost you anywhere near $1600 to do this, but you do need the correct tools. You also want to torque all the nuts properly as you don't want any exhaust leaks.

·
Registered
13 Posts
This is EZ repair from what I see, you still have your upstream O2 Sensor intact, and your downstream is located on the end of the Catalytic Converter itself. If you want to skip welding any pipe then you can purchase the premade exhaust kits I mentioned earlier. For example this is what I installed on my CRV after my original pipes broke down internally , and would be the cheapest option to replace what your missing besides the converter.
Product Font Rectangle Parallel Screenshot
Rectangle Slope Font Parallel Circle

I took photos of this kit that is currently on my 97 CRV so you can see how it looks.
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive exterior Wheel Fender

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting Car

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread

How much of your Downstream wire did they cut? That O2 wire leads to a plastic grommet in the cars body which hides the connector. Is your downstream O2 female connector still intact? Take out your plastic grommet and check what wiring you have left.

Also, if you install these pipes with a bit longer rubber hangers it should give it enough clearance for the driveshaft.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts