Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ive seen a post about putting a group 24 battery in a CRV but haven't seen one about putting in a bigger Group 34. I like a challenge! This is in my 2006 CRV. So I had this new group 34 850 CCA , 1050CA already sitting in my old car. Though to myself wouldn't it be nice if I could fit that sucker in my CRV. Well I pulled the trigger on Sunday and got to it. With some persuasion and finesse got her in there all clamped down. Now I have all that extra power and reliability to run accessories and handle the cold months.

This sucker is at least 2 times the size of the factory battery. Awesome!

A Couple of pics for your viewing pleasure.

Battery 1.jpg

Battery 2.jpg

Cheers
ZAZE

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Had her on hand and I plan to put in a few more accessories, IE... light bar, inverter and other things I haven't come up with yet. :)
The old Battery was weak as well, I'm not meaning its size, but yeah that too. The battery was just bad. Radio on for 15 mins while cleaning her out and toast. Break out the boaster cables.

Who can say no to More POWER!

Cheers
ZAZE

·
Registered
776 Posts
I was just being a smarta$$ !! I'm guessing not much can be hurt, but the battery in my riding mower I'm guessing is stronger than the OEM in a CR-V !! Let us know when you start knocking teeth off the flywheel. Craig

1 - 8 of 8 Posts