Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
What is involved in replacing a burned out factory fog lamp bulb in a 2017 Touring? Thanks.
Search the 2017 forum. There's lots of posts with photos and brands for upgrading the fog lights. Requires removing a couple fender clips and wedging your hand in there.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
There’s literally 2 plastic clips under the car directly under neath the fog light on each side
I pop with a flat head
Be careful maneuver the plastic trim so that it hangs down it’s about the size of ur hand not a big plastic sheet
Once it’s opened just stick ur hand up unplug the lights turn the bulb and I recommend u replace with LED
I REPLACED THE STOCK H8 with H 11 LED bulbs they were direct fit and I already had 2 sets for low beam and tried it for the fog lights

Don’t even need to jack up the car

Pm me if u need me to better explain

Ps I bought this kit $33

https://www.amazon.com/Auxbeam-Headlight-Headlights-PHILIPS-Conversion/dp/B074GX852M

Attachments

·
Registered
600 Posts
There’s literally 2 plastic clips under the car directly under neath the fog light on each side
I pop with a flat head
Be careful maneuver the plastic trim so that it hangs down it’s about the size of ur hand not a big plastic sheet
Once it’s opened just stick ur hand up unplug the lights turn the bulb and I recommend u replace with LED
I REPLACED THE STOCK H8 with H 11 LED bulbs they were direct fit and I already had 2 sets for low beam and tried it for the fog lights

Don’t even need to jack up the car

Pm me if u need me to better explain

Ps I bought this kit $33

https://www.amazon.com/Auxbeam-Headlight-Headlights-PHILIPS-Conversion/dp/B074GX852M
I think that there are three or four plastic clips that need to be removed to take out the trap door, but I could be wrong. I replaced my foglights bulbs with yellow Halogen H8 bulbs that I purchased at Pep Boys. Yellow bulbs are better if you are using for fog, rain, or snow as the shorter light wavelength does not reflect back from the water droplets like white bulbs do. It takes about 15 minutes to replace 2 bulbs. It also helps to have a flashlight to see what you are doing.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I agree flashlight helps a lot eye protective as well I’m in MA and it’s winter so road salt and debris was falling down. -_-

1 - 6 of 6 Posts