Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to replace all the rear bulbs with LEDs. Any suggestions as to brand to use or possible problems I might run into (needing resistors ect.). Thank you for any help.

·
Registered
2016 CRV-EX
22 Posts
My only experience is changing the backup lights in a 2016 CR-V EX to leds, and it was very simple. I bought my bulbs from here: https://www.jdmastar.com/ and I was satisfied with the transaction.

Those who have more experience will ask you the year and model of your vehicle.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
it doesnt really matter which bulbs. I have sylvania LED bulbs for running/turn/rear/brake light bulbs. have some cheap things off amazon for my reverse lights.

resistors are NEVER needed. The resistor defeat one major purpose of LED bulbs, efficiency. The only issue you will have is the turn signals will flash faster than with regular bulbs. Nothing wrong with that at all. Not illegal, doesnt hurt anything.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2018 Honda CR-V EX-L Lunar Silver
103 Posts
I just went to O'Reilly's and they looked up the numbers.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Not meaning to hijack the thread.
New to the LED light conversion thang.

Have a 2006 2nd GEN CRV.
Looking for recommendations for the rear light clusters, anyone offer a complete kit for all the bulbs as LED's.

See diode dynamics com has a decent exposure on here.

and the philips Utlinon LED's

Any pro's, con's, recommendations etc.

Does it if the LED's are red or not like these www amazon com/dp/B077FL88PQ
Cheers.

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
9,538 Posts
Did the JDM market have factory LED rear lamps in 2006? You need to be careful, because even if they did, some USA CR-Vs were made in the UK, some were made in Japan...and they have different incandescent bulbs.

As you mentioned, CRVOC Vendors Diode Dynamics (and CARiD) both deal in LED fitments... reach out to them with your questions.

https://www.crvownersclub.com/forums/41-vendors/

·
Registered
3 Posts
cheers I'll be sure to take the bulb out and check before I order.
Car was made in the UK

Was trying to see which bulbs folks had the best luck with, worked well, or would recommend etc.

Did the JDM market have factory LED rear lamps in 2006? You need to be careful, because even if they did, some USA CR-Vs were made in the UK, some were made in Japan...and they have different incandescent bulbs.

As you mentioned, CRVOC Vendors Diode Dynamics (and CARiD) both deal in LED fitments... reach out to them with your questions.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts