Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple weeks ago, my CR-V was at the dealer a second time for the dreaded gas in oil. The first time it was deemed overfilled, so they changed the oil. This time they acknowledged gasoline in the engine oil and deemed it bad fuel injectors. After they replaced the fuel injectors, my fuel economy seemed to drop instantly. Before I was averaging roughly 27 mpg in mixed driving, now with everything else unchanged, my fuel economy is stuck at 24 mpg. WTH? Why would my fuel economy drop by 11% when they replaced the supposedly defective fuel injectors? You know, if this were a RAV4 V6, a Forester XT, an Escape 2.0, etc, I would be satisfied with 24 mpg, but since it's a lower powered 1.5L engine with a CVT, the fuel economy is supposed to be better. Every day I'm wishing more and more that I had waited for the 2019 RAV4 before pulling the trigger on a new car. If the fuel injectors were faulty, why would my fuel economy drop when they were replaced?

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Try disconnecting the battery overnight and see if a full system reset fixes the problem.
It might be using learned data from your old injectors on the new ones. It might take several miles of driving for it to adjust again.

That's about the only wild shot I can think of.

Rob

·
Super Moderator - How may I help?
2,468 Posts
Another long shot. Has the weather warmed up? Are you now using the Air Conditioning?

·
Registered
980 Posts
I prefer to hand calculate for a more accurate mpg. Sometimes seasonal changes in gas forumation make a difference but it shouldn't be 11%. You might check tire pressure too. Maybe they installed bad/incorrect injectors? I'd ask if they did any software updates.

These things are difficult to track and prove. I doubt you get much movement or concern from the dealer.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Did you notice better acceleration? Maybe the engine feels smoother? I was hoping to have my injectors replaced but had no luck getting my dealer to even acknowledge the problem. Mine are very loud.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts