Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The brake line I circled below in my 97 crv started to corrode and now has a hole in it and leaks brake fluid. the brakes won’t work now, I’m looking online I cannot find a replacement part does anyone know where I can find one?
The line leads to the front right wheel

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,670 Posts
I don't know if they still do, but regular auto parts stores used to stock them. You might try calling Napa or O'reilly's or … Also, try hondapartsnow.com. If all else fails, the auto parts store should have lengths of straight brake line available, along with fittings. You would also need a flaring tool. Use the old line for a template. Bends don't have to match exactly but do need to avoid any obstacles and be perpendicular where they connect at the ends, at the caliper and at the proportioning valve block shown in your picture. But the pre-made ones are already bent to shape and have fittings, so that's what you really want. My last time with this stuff the lines ran from $7 to about $15 each. Be sure to do a full brake bleed afterwards.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Called The auto parts stores they don’t have them pre made so I would have to bend them myself and the Honda parts store says it’s discontinued and no longer for purchase.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I called and they said they don’t ship break lines. Everywhere I looked says it’s discontinued so looks like I will be making my own

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Question. I have a 97 crv And the part I need is discontinued. But I found some for the 99 crv. Will this work?

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
I took a quick look at some of the brake lines for a 1999 CR-V. The parts information said they fit 1999, 2000, and 2001 CR-Vs.
I checked the same brake lines for a 1997 CR-V and it said they only fit 1997 and 1998 CR-Vs.
I also see that of the 10 or so brake lines that are listed for a 1997 CR-V, only four are shown as no longer available.

I was checking on: https://www.hondapartscheap.com

I also added one of them to the shopping cart and went to checkout and it showed shipping and handling charges.

You might also take the part numbers to your local Honda dealer's parts department and see which of them they can get for you.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I checked that site and they don’t have it either. The part I need is. 46310-S10-A01 I called the dealer here and they can’t order them he just told me to go to the parts store and I’m gonna have to bend it myself. And then I brought up this part 46310-S10-A10 for the 99 and he said they look identical on the diagram if anything some of the bends might be a little off I would just have to bend it to make it fit right. Or would it just be best to get the copper line and bend it by hand the best I can?

·
Registered
18 Posts
i've done brake and fuel lines on my vehicles. brake lines are a bit easier since they're smaller. and, really you don't have to get them exact the way the were so long as one end reaches the other following the same route. but you can get as picky as you want with it...lol. i'd get the part already bent and make that work.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts