Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have about 40K on a set of original equipment Dueler H/P Sport tires on a 2012 CR-V AWD and they are in need of replacement. Like many of you who own the same tires, I have not been very pleased with them. My biggest issues are road noise and wet traction.

At this point, I'm sure a lot of other CR-V owners have replaced their original equipment Bridgestone tires with other brands and I'm curious to find out what you selected and why. Most important, are you happy with your decision?

Thanks!

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Goodyear Assurance 80k.
Thanks for responding Nick. Are you talking about the Goodyear Assurance ComforTred? If so, that was one I was strongly considering since two CR-V reviews I read used the word, "transformed" to describe the tremendous difference this tire made in noise reduction and handling over the stock Bridgestones. Is that your experience as well?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Check review on Tire Rack for Firestone Destination LE2. Replace the Bridgestone on my 2015 with these. Work great. Had the Goodyear on my previous vehicle and they wear great but the ride quality is not there.

·
Banned
806 Posts
Check review on Tire Rack for Firestone Destination LE2. Replace the Bridgestone on my 2015 with these. Work great. Had the Goodyear on my previous vehicle and they wear great but the ride quality is not there.
Goodyear what? I have no issues with the Goodyear Assurance CS Tripletred (spelled that way) on my 2012 CR-V. I'm one of those that won't buy Firestone after their tire issues back in 2001. As well as their service centers here locally. Ford doesn't use them anymore either according to Consumer Reports, after the issues in 2001. Firestone is also owned by Bridgestone which makes the same tires that come stock on the vehicle.

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/tires/buying-guide.htm

·
Registered
511 Posts
I have Uniroyal Laredo's on my '12 V LX...16"...and they are a great tire...I've never had Uniroyal's before, this set came with the V...ride is quiet and smooth with very good traction even in the wet.

I love the Goodyear Assurance Comfortred, I have them on my '04 Accord EX and they are wonderful tires...quietest ride of any tire I've owned, great traction and comfortable ride.
But that specific model is not available for the '12 LX with 16" wheels.

·
Registered
507 Posts
GY Assurances are very quiet and handle well. There are 52k on mine now, so they are well past their half life. Just keep them rotated. If you time it right you can get an $80 rebate too.

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Check review on Tire Rack.
Problem with reviews is most people review their tire purchase shortly after buying. I find Michelins overrated, but if that’s what makes people feel safer, more power to you. I myself have not had any issues with GoodYear or BFGoodrich.

On a side note, just like car makers, a lot of these tire companies are owned by other tire makers.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Coming up on a year on the Cooper SRX and still can't say enough good things about them. Just drove an ~850 mile road trip this weekend, the last 100 miles in a rain/snow mix with slush and standing water. No issues, still one of the quietest and smoothest tires I've ever had. We've had a lot of snow so far this season and haven't had an issue with deep or packed snow/ice.

Forgot to mention that the Cooper's are made in the USA. Might not be worth a few extra bucks to everyone, but it is to me.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts