Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

We recently bought a 2004 CRV with just over 100k miles and full dealer service history. We're really happy except that the nav didnt have a disc. We bought one on ebay but it just won't read it.

Can anyone recommend a replacement stereo, with sat nav, where I don't need to go cutting wires etc and can just p!ug it in?

Many thanks in advance for your wisdom.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Failing that - does anyone know if it is possible to get rid of the error message that comes up on the screen when no DVD is inserted so that I can still access the radio menus etc?

Thanks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The problem could be the disc.

It could either be damaged or it isn't the right one for your CR-V.

Does it begin with a V2 or V3 on it?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The problem could be the disc.

It could either be damaged or it isn't the right one for your CR-V.

Does it begin with a V2 or V3 on it?
Hi,

It begins with V2. I'm not overly worried about the sat nav not working but the message that comes up on the screen seems to prevent access to any of the menus. As a result I thought about just ditching it in favour of something else unless there is a way of getting rid of the annoying message on the screen.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Presuming you are in the US, https://www.crutchfield.com/ is a good source for at least info. Any single or double DIN unit will fit in your car. You'll need a wire harness and dash kit in addition to the radio. Use the "What fits in your vehicle" search on Crutchfield to find a radio. When you add the radio to the cart, it then asks if you want to add the install hardware specific to your make and model. For your gen, it is a wire harness and dash kit. When you add the hardware to your cart, it then prompts for the "Crutchfield ReadyHarness™ Service", where they connect the radio wire harness with the car harness for you.

When I did a test for the 2004, it was $25 for them to connect the two together. I've not had them wire anything, so can't speak to the quality.

On the chance you or someone else needs translation for some of the "geek speak", the wire harness has a connector that matches what is plugged into the factory radio on one end, and bare wires on the other. You use this so you don't need to cut car wires. The new radio would include a harness with a connector on one side that plugs into the radio and bare wires on the other. Join the two together to get them to work.

Dash kit: When you pull out the car radio, the hole left in the dash is often much larger than the new radio. You mount the new radio in the dash kit, so it all "fills the hole" in your dashboard.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi all,

We recently bought a 2004 CRV with just over 100k miles and full dealer service history. We're really happy except that the nav didnt have a disc. We bought one on ebay but it just won't read it.

Can anyone recommend a replacement stereo, with sat nav, where I don't need to go cutting wires etc and can just p!ug it in?

Many thanks in advance for your wisdom.
If you have an Iphone or Android I would just replace the radio with one that supports Carplay or Android Auto. Traditional NAV units are all but obsolete in most scenarios..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts