Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Folks

I have a dead TPMS sensor on a 2007. I purchased an Autel MX-Sensor and am going to put it in shortly.

The Autel manual states the sensor weighs 18.5g with the valve stem.

I'd like to do this without having to rebalance the wheel, so I need to know what the OEM sensor weighs. That way, I can compensate with sticky weights as needed. Anyone know what the OEM sensor weighs?? Or does anyone know how much of a weight imbalance I can get away with before having to rebalance the wheel/tire/sensor combo?

Cheers!

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,670 Posts
There's no need to worry about this. To replace the sensor, all that is needed is to deflate the tire, break the bead, replace the sensor, and re-inflate the tire. Just don't move the tire in relation to the wheel (a chalk mark will help) and you should be good. I doubt any weight difference would be enough to upset the balance.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There's no need to worry about this. To replace the sensor, all that is needed is to deflate the tire, break the bead, replace the sensor, and re-inflate the tire. Just don't move the tire in relation to the wheel (a chalk mark will help) and you should be good. I doubt any weight difference would be enough to upset the balance.
That's the plan. I just wasn't sure if a few grams difference would be enough to be noticeable.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts