Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Generally speaking, I like my new CR-V EX-L. One of the things I think looks horrid is the shifter assembly. I was wondering if it would be possible to replace the stock shifter assembly with the "flat" assembly such as what's found in the new Accord.

Is the stock CR-V shifter assembly electronic or mechanical? If it's electronic, maybe this would be a relatively simple swap. If the assembly is mechanical, I'm guessing the swap wouldn't be worth it.

Thanks.

·
Registered
21 Posts
This seems like it would be quite difficult. The Accord one is a completely different shape, so even if you could get the wiring to work you would need to fashion a completely different console there and try to figure out how to put the sport button in. The 2020 Hybrid will have a push button shifter and it might be adaptable but my guess is it will have a bunch of hybrid specific electronics. It does look like it would fit, though.

·
Registered
21 Posts
This seems like it would be quite difficult. The Accord one is a completely different shape, so even if you could get the wiring to work you would need to fashion a completely different console there and try to figure out how to put the sport button in. The 2020 Hybrid will have a push button shifter and it might be adaptable but my guess is it will have a bunch of hybrid specific electronics. It does look like it would fit, though. View attachment 135706
You can see they also put the sport button in the upper right hand corner... your shifter has the built in below D, but the push button ones I've seen have a separate sport button like this.

·
Registered
112 Posts
That would be cool if it were plug n' play.

·
Registered
2017 CRV EX AWD
1,476 Posts
I’ll be working on it when the 2020 crv parts go available
Under the ‘push button’ shifter i think one harness but need to get in one to pull and see.

·
Registered
865 Posts
I’ll be working on it when the 2020 crv parts go available
Under the ‘push button’ shifter i think one harness but need to get in one to pull and see.
One thing to pay attention to, these push button shifters have some smart logic in them that may mean it needs ecu support. In our clarity, if you have it in drive with your foot on the brake, and you turn the car off (eg in garage) it automatically puts the car in park. Not having the right communication could have consequences. So if you do it and it appears to work, do a hefty amount of scenario testing and be careful... The last thing you want is for the car to think it is shut off at 70mph and try to park the transmission... I imagine the car has safety checks against this but still.

I like your thinking though, and please start a thread here if you do it so that we can see your investigation.... I would also be interested!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts