Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up what Honda calls the mirror housing for a 2010 CR-V. This is the part that swings with the mirror not the part that is directly attached to the door and does not move. Looking at the part it looks like it contains 1 screw on the bottom that is accessible if you fold the mirror in, i am guessing the rest attaches via snap clips. I looked for videos on this replacement but have not found anything applicable. I'll report back in a few days after i have had a chance to try replacing it. If anyone has done this your advice is welcome:). BTW I do know i need to start by taking off the mirror and backing plate

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,662 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I'll be watching this, as I have the same issue. Last year, when I bought my pristine one owner '07, on my first trip to the grocery store, someone hit my driver side mirror and broke it. The arm is cracked almost all the way around. I have the same part, in green, waiting, but haven't gotten to the job yet. When I do I'll try to get pictures too.

You will have to remove the mirror from the door first, then disassemble it, step by step following the service manual instructions carefully. If you don't have a manual I highly suggest you get one before you try this, as it is painstaking and detailed, and full of opportunities for breaking things. I got my manual on disc, off eBay, for about $45. There is a whole section on this operation. You will need it.

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,662 Posts
I just picked up what Honda calls the mirror housing for a 2010 CR-V. This is the part that swings with the mirror not the part that is directly attached to the door and does not move. Looking at the part it looks like it contains 1 screw on the bottom that is accessible if you fold the mirror in, i am guessing the rest attaches via snap clips. I looked for videos on this replacement but have not found anything applicable. I'll report back in a few days after i have had a chance to try replacing it. If anyone has done this your advice is welcome:). BTW I do know i need to start by taking off the mirror and backing plate

Whatever the attachment you put there is does not work. If it's a picture, please just insert it directly from your computer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A tractor trailer just clipped my driver's side mirror and it was forcefully pushed backwards and the pivot spring is broken.

Did you guys have any photos of the repair?
You can pick up an after market whole mirror assembly from Autozone for under $60. This urns out to be much simpler than trying to replace parts of the mirror,r

·
Registered
196 Posts
You can pick up an after market whole mirror assembly from Autozone for under $60. This urns out to be much simpler than trying to replace parts of the mirror,r
Yes...I saw some aftermarket on eBay. But all of them were black and had to be painted. My mirrors are heated and in white color. The housing and mirror are okay.....just the pivot mechanism is broken thus the mirror is floppy.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2019 Acura RDX Aspec
1,701 Posts
Yes...I saw some aftermarket on eBay. But all of them were black and had to be painted. My mirrors are heated and in white color. The housing and mirror are okay.....just the pivot mechanism is broken thus the mirror is floppy.

Thanks.
then buy a used oem heated unit on ebay and just swap on your painted cap

replied before seeing last post.
Nice!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.