Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Between AC Delco, Callahan, Wagner, Centric, etc... which should I get? Partsgeek has worked for me before in terms of a vendor for online parts when I replaced the rear struts/shocks, so I trust they have the parts that will fit OEM, but just wondering what y'all would suggest. I am looking for OEM equivalent, not to upgrade.

Thanks a bunch for the suggestions!

·
Registered
507 Posts
OEM rotors and pads. I just did my front with aftermarket and it took a few hundred miles to lose the braking noise. Wasn't looking to save money, more of a schedule issue not using OEM.

Just look for the best online seller for OEM parts. I would not go any other direction.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
I have had excellent results with Raybestos PG or Centric Premium, you won't have any problems with either one and 1/3 the cost of discounted Honda suppliers.
Follow the brake pad manufactures directions for bedding in your new pads.

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
Be sure you 'bed' them properly. Makes a difference.
Buffalo4
PS: I have been told,many times, that the pads are more important than the rotors.

·
Everything in Moderation
7,731 Posts
I used Centric rotors. While I use OEM parts for many items, I find that the OEM rotors are a bit expensive and that aftermarket are quite adequate. (Just don't buy the cheap 'white box' stuff.)

·
Registered
220 Posts
I got replaced mines with the most expensive from autozone, the rotor and brake pads, they call it gold (something) So far, good no problems. the oem are too expensive

·
Registered
46 Posts
As a side note - does anyone know what is going on with the Raybestos product line? It looks like they are in a product change over. I'm trying to find the professional grade rotors and pads (as someone recommended above), and am having difficulty. I called the dealer and the OE front rotors are $116/each. I almost dropped the phone. Should I go with the Raybestos Advanced Tech line (essentially a powder coated rotor) and call it a day?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Thanks. Ordered them up, see what happens. The old rotors are pretty rusted up so hopefully I'll be able to get the rotor screws off.

Anyone know the bolt sizes for the caliper pins and caliper bracket on a 2009? Thought I read 14mm and 17mm somewhere but can't find anything definite. (It's been such a good vehicle, I have not had to do anything that requires a manual - yet).

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
OEM rotors and pads.
Just look for the best online seller for OEM parts. I would not go any other direction.
I disagree. you pay too much for OEM. You can buy premium brakes that last much longer than OEM for much cheaper. Just do your homework!

I’m sold on MaxBrakes.com in Canada with free shipping. They also offer premium brakes that don’t rust as easily as OEM.

·
Registered
46 Posts
This [removed] will explain the differences between the different grades.
that's the odd thing. I just ordered rotors and pads for another car, and picked the middle of the road "Professional Grade". A month later, the Professional Grade is the lowest option with a slotted rotor being introduced. (The parts houses have a service grade and "hybrid" that isn't listed on the site). Just thought it was interesting, and trying to figure out the marketing hype from reality.

First time I ever looked into this - had no clue there were some many options, even within the same brand.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts