Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally found some KYB Strut Plus for the front end of my 2009 LX. What other parts should I have on hand when I start to replace them to insure I won't be doing the job twice? Bushings or other suspension parts?

thanks,

Rob

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Shouldnt just replace struts if your concerned about other parts. Inspect the front end for parts loose or worn out. There is no other parts needed except possibly camber bolts as sometimes aftermarket struts are not exactly the same as OEM.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Well, this thread is 2 years old, all I replaced were the factory shocks with the KYB's been great handling since.

Pretty straightfiorward as I remember, the vise grip on the stud helps as does some rust penetrater the day before.

·
Premium Member
2,694 Posts
The KYB Strut Plus are better than the Monroe QuickStrut--I've had both. I went with the complete unit, and on one of our CR-Vs, I ended up having to cut off the front stabilizer bar links since they were too rusted to remove.

·
Premium Member
2018 EX-L fwd
1,014 Posts
Did all 4 on our '08 CR-V with KYB's a while back. Really made a difference in ride quality and handling.

While you are at it, replace sway bar bushings and other linkage parts. Access to these is much simpler with wheels off & struts removed. Same amount of stress on struts & linkage parts. As other threads on suspension changes have said, when you complete the job, tighten all suspension parts after car is lowered and sitting on the ground. You'll now have another 11 years of good riding.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts