Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this a difficult job to do? And what kind of prices should I look to be spending on these parts?

Looking on the internet, I’ve seen everywhere from $27 an injector, up to $300. I want to make sure I’m getting some that works properly without having to pay crazy money for them. It’s a 2001 and I just want to keep it going for a couple more years.

Thankyou!

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Dont buy the cheapest ones, get reputable brands. And $300 is either fancy aftermarket performance parts or some clown is really trying to gouge.

Also being your question, probably not a good idea to do on your own unless your rather decently mechanically inclined. Not done right your engine could easily catch on fire due to a fuel leak.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
12,154 Posts
I'd ask around locally regards having your present injectors cleaned and verified. (Of course that may mean that you are without a ride while that happens.)

Reports of bad injectors on Gen1s are very rare. Why are you considering this repair? :confused2:

·
Registered
'98 EX AWD
348 Posts
Curious as to why you're replacing them? They usually don't go bad, or if they do, it's not all 4. I have a set I got from a salvage yard for $5 a piece, of course they're not brand new. I also have a "new" one from AutoZone, mimics the OEM one on the outside but that's not where it counts, which I swapped out for a used OEM injector.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts