Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Honda CRV EXL Molten Lava Red
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone replaced the internals of the passenger side mirror. Someone tapped mine and now the physical glass mirror shakes going down the road. Also the mirror no longer folds. I got a quote, from the dealer, at $760. the actual assembly part was $530. I know that there should be some profit in parts I was thinking $200 would cover costs for parts and I would attempt install myself. I looked at a engineering diagram of the assembly and it looks like the only part I actually need is the swivel section, unfortunately it comes all together. Next choice is a wrecked CR V that has a working mirror. looking for opinions and other options.

·
Registered
2014 CRV EX-L FWD
405 Posts
I don't know if this applies but my wifes 15 Ody pass. mirror (housing) was damaged. While I had it in a local (Chev) body shop I asked about repair/replacement for it. Several far different quotes before they provided a replacement mirror but it lacked a camera. Several more tries before they got a Honda (nearly $700) mirror. They installed it without any problems BUT the car wouldn't recognize the new camera - it needed some special coding to communicate. The Honda dealer told them it'd be $98 for them to properly program it.

I gave up and super-glued the busted shell, so far so good.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ordered and received new mirror off ebay. Now to install it. I found a youtube video and will watch it a few times before taking door apart to get at mirror. looks relatively simple. hope it is. I'll let you know how it went when I finish it.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ordered and received new mirror off ebay. Now to install it. I found a youtube video and will watch it a few times before taking door apart to get at mirror. looks relatively simple. hope it is. I'll let you know how it went when I finish it.
I got it installed after watching youtube video. It was easy to remove screws and door interior and also the tweeter. Unbolted the mirror, and a few twists of the power connector and it was off. I had a bit of a time getting the new screws properly inserted so I could tighten down. Then the door cover it was a struggle replacing the top edge of panel(the secret for me was installing it front to back. after that it was replace screws and covers and try the mirror movement. It worked! Now I am in the process of aiming Lanewatch camera( several youtube videos, none for CR V's though. there is a triple button key to get to diagnostics to calibrate the mirror. I will enter that in another message. Calibrating requires a target page with six(6) black dots, then placement of target is critical too. I will let you know when I get it. or take it to dealer:unsure:

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I got it installed after watching YouTube video. It was easy to remove screws and door interior and also the tweeter. Unbolted the mirror, and a few twists of the power connector and it was off. I had a bit of a time getting the new screws properly inserted so I could tighten down. Then the door cover it was a struggle replacing the top edge of panel(the secret for me was installing it front to back. after that it was replace screws and covers and try the mirror movement. It worked! Now I am in the process of aiming Lane-watch camera( several YouTube videos, none for CR V's though. there is a triple button key to get to diagnostics to calibrate the mirror. I will enter that in another message. Calibrating requires a target page with six(6) black dots, then placement of target is critical too. I will let you know when I get it. or take it to dealer:unsure:
well, I tried getting to diagnostic screen to get to Lane-watch process. I watched some YouTube videos for instructions.
for 7 inch screen:
press start button so screen behind steering wheel lights up.
Then press and hold Brightness button(icon of sun and moon), menu and Power buttons all for 5 seconds until beep.
I never got the beep. So I am assuming those instructions were not correct for a 2016 CRV EXL.
looks like I swallow pride and go to dealer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Has anyone replaced the internals of the passenger side mirror. Someone tapped mine and now the physical glass mirror shakes going down the road. Also the mirror no longer folds. I got a quote, from the dealer, at $760. the actual assembly part was $530. I know that there should be some profit in parts I was thinking $200 would cover costs for parts and I would attempt install myself. I looked at a engineering diagram of the assembly and it looks like the only part I actually need is the swivel section, unfortunately it comes all together. Next choice is a wrecked CR V that has a working mirror. looking for opinions and other options.

·
Registered
3 Posts
$760 just to replace a passenger side mirror !! You were robbed.
You can buy even the fancy mirrors with turn signal lights & blind side warning for under $100.
Search you tube for a do it your self video. Not really hard to do.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
$760 just to replace a passenger side mirror !! You were robbed.
You can buy even the fancy mirrors with turn signal lights & blind side warning for under $100.
Search you tube for a do it your self video. Not really hard to do.
No, I bought mirror on Ebay. With shipping it was around $150, I think. As for the diagnostic I will take to the dealer, because I will never replace another mirror. There is stuff you want to know, there is stuff you need to know, the rest is trivia and means nothing to me. It looks like you don't know about mirrors on 2016 CRV's, Honda changed them in 2017 to the current blinking yellow car. and if your vehicle doesn't have the logic for signal lights installed at factory, it's just a mirror.

·
Registered
3 Posts
No, I bought mirror on Ebay. With shipping it was around $150, I think. As for the diagnostic I will take to the dealer, because I will never replace another mirror. There is stuff you want to know, there is stuff you need to know, the rest is trivia and means nothing to me. It looks like you don't know about mirrors on 2016 CRV's, Honda changed them in 2017 to the current blinking yellow car. and if your vehicle doesn't have the logic for signal lights installed at factory, it's just a mirror.
I bought the "guaranteed OEM" replacement mirror at carparts.com for $85. I also paid $6.99 for a set of plastic tools designed for car interior repairs on Amazon. It will be fun (I hope) to make a repair for $92 that dealers want 5-8 times that. Cheers

1 - 10 of 10 Posts