Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a 2009 Honda CR-V LX and was looking to change my rear windshield wiper. The smallest option I had when purchasing the wiper was 16" and I believe the CR-V rear wiper measures 14". Is it ok to still use the 16"? Thanks for the reply!

·
Super Moderator
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
7,554 Posts
Hi, I have a 2009 Honda CR-V LX and was looking to change my rear windshield wiper. The smallest option I had when purchasing the wiper was 16" and I believe the CR-V rear wiper measures 14". Is it ok to still use the 16"? Thanks for the reply!
You should only use the correct size wiper or wiper blade. If you cannot find one locally (which honestly would odd, since CRVs do not use some exotic wiper... but actually a very common one) then you can input your vehicle data on Amazon and then search for a wiper that fits and is compatible with your vehicle. The Amazon Garage feature holds your vehicle data (for multiple vehicles, which you can then select in your search) and it will confirm if a part is for your vehicle or not.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Using a longer wiper blade may cause it to sweep off the glass and onto the body. You don’t want to do that.

Trico I think makes an OEM version of the 14” wiper blade. If the wiper blade is still good just buy a replacement insert instead. Cheaper than buying an entire new blade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
12,154 Posts
If your wiper is still original equipment, the cheapest source is the dealership. They sell the rubber inserts alone, and will often put 'em in for you.

List price is $6.75 USD. Online dealers $4.75

1 - 4 of 4 Posts