Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I was wondering if it was at all feasible to do so, maybe even with just an entertainment centre.I recently bought a 2006 model and the one annoying thing about is the fact that the satnav is way out of date, the upgrade discs are far too expensive and I periodically get a message telling me "the navigation door is open please close the navigation door" despite the fact nothing is actually open.As I have a smartphone with satnav which i use regularly I thought it might be better to change the existing setup with a modern entertainment centre.Question is, if it is feasible, where would be the best place to get one fitted and at what cost.One that includes a rear parking camera might be good too.Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
1st post for me too.
I just added the Pioneer AVIC-8100 NAV/stereo to my '11 EX-L. It works with all the new tech, Absolutely perfect for the CR-V. I still have to add the rear camera but thats an easy install for later.
Youtube Pioneer 8100 and watch a review or two, you won't look back.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1st post for me too.
I just added the Pioneer AVIC-8100 NAV/stereo to my '11 EX-L. It works with all the new tech, Absolutely perfect for the CR-V. I still have to add the rear camera but thats an easy install for later.
Youtube Pioneer 8100 and watch a review or two, you won't look back.
Hi thanks for the reply That particular model doesn't appear to be available in the UK , in any case I wish to avoid installing a navigation system that requires updating via DVD/cd every few years as such disks are very expensive.My plan is to purchase a standalone satnav which has lifetime mapping and trafficking updates and then have a reasonable audio system installed in the car.I guess given the size of the space involved it would need to be double din

·
Registered
212 Posts
I'm in the U.S. So can't help with specific models, but Pioneer, Kenwood, and Alpine are good brands that sell UK models. There are others, but that should give you a start to get ideas.

Since you are not looking at in-dash navigation, unless you want to watch video in your car I would suggest looking at single DIN units. They tend to cost less, but still have good audio and many of the same features as double DIN. The install kit will have a pocket to fill the extra space, so you won't have a hole in the dash. Also with a single DIN, you might be able to mount the GPS in the center and not block the radio controls.

There are car specific audio installation places. Use the Internet for reviews, and ask friends and family if they have used any local places.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the reply.The reason I mentioned double din is because of the possible desirability of a rear parking camera being connected sometime in the future.Th brands you mentioned are pretty much the ones I am looking at :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
having done some research the Pioneer AVH-X3700DAB or something similar would appear to fit the bill

·
Registered
1 Posts
Lotus are selling off the Alpine INE W920R from the Evora for £230 + VAT. I have just bought one and fitted it, straight slot in to replace the crap 2006 Honda one, just two connectors needed as a power lead is not included. Brilliant piece of kit, check it out. My SatNav also went tits up, door open message, and it does not take seven digit postcodes.

Let me know if anybody wants one, still 20 left.

tut

·
Registered
1 Posts
satbav upgrade

Now 2019 so what is the best way to upgrade a honda crv 2005 satnav unit with a new system. Anyone knows any garage in UK preferably Lincolnshire that would install. I would travel to get it done? Any recommendations?
I have the usual navigation door is open error too.

Please help....

·
Registered
46 Posts
Thanks for the reply.The reason I mentioned double din is because of the possible desirability of a rear parking camera being connected sometime in the future.Th brands you mentioned are pretty much the ones I am looking at :)
If you have an iPhone, Sony's XAV-AX1000 is a steal: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-XAV-AX1000-Receiver-Bluetooth-CarPlay/dp/B07GLTVT62/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1549965425&sr=8-1&keywords=XAV-AX1000

For Android Auto, Pioneer's SPH-230DAB https://www.amazon.co.uk/Pioneer-SPH-DA230DAB/dp/B075FKSK43/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1549965542&sr=8-1&keywords=pioneer+carplay and Sony's XAV-AX3005 https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-XAV-AX3005-Premium-Receiver-Bluetooth/dp/B07GLWLQSY/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1549965571&sr=8-3&keywords=sony+android+auto are both solid options.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi thanks for the reply That particular model doesn't appear to be available in the UK , in any case I wish to avoid installing a navigation system that requires updating via DVD/cd every few years as such disks are very expensive.My plan is to purchase a standalone satnav which has lifetime mapping and trafficking updates and then have a reasonable audio system installed in the car.I guess given the size of the space involved it would need to be double din
I'm sorry, could you take and post the photo, how it looks like installed in your car?

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'm sorry, could you take and post the photo, how it looks like installed in your car?
Full details in my post:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts