Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I recently bought a 2007 Honda crv.
I am planning to put a Sony xav Ax3000 stereo in. Because I am not using aux port anyway, I want to replace the aux port in center console to a USB port and reroute the harness to the back of the stereo.
Anyone know which after market USB port will fit in?

Thanks

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,670 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Moved to DIY Mods, as this forum is now closed.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Add a photo of the console and socket. Different markets have different center consoles.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I recently bought a 2007 Honda crv.
I am planning to put a Sony xav Ax3000 stereo in. Because I am not using aux port anyway, I want to replace the aux port in center console to a USB port and reroute the harness to the back of the stereo.
Anyone know which after market USB port will fit in?

Thanks
Did you ever get an answer for your question? I am looking to do the same thing you are. Let me know if you found the appropriate USB port to replace the six port in you center console. Thanks!

·
Registered
2018 CR-V EX-L FWD Modern Steel Metallic
1,138 Posts
and here i wish my crv 2018 had an aux port.

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,670 Posts
Moving to Mobile Electronics section. You might look on crutchfield. com to see what they might have in the way of an adapter kit. There may be YouTube videos on this. You can also look to see if Amazon has such a kit.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Did you ever get an answer for your question? I am looking to do the same thing you are. Let me know if you found the appropriate USB port to replace the six port in you center console. Thanks!
Have done some research, didn't found what I want exactly.
Recently, I took the socket out and removed the case, trying to cut a hole that will fit the USB female.

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,670 Posts
Most of the good aftermarket head units come with multiple USB ports and extension cables which will allow you to route USB to your console. You might need a surface mount port to make it look OEM.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
My head unit has two rear USB ports, so I wanted to extend both to the console. I bought this from Amazon:

As luck would have it, after removing the body of the AUX connector from the console, I only had to slightly enlarge the top and bottom of the rectangular hole (to slightly round it out) so that this connector fit perfectly. Not only that, my modificaiton was so slight that the original AUX connector I popped out will cover the modification. Three years in and it's still working great.

This will really only work for cars that have an aftermarket head unit. Adding a USB port to a factory radio just isn't possible. (I'm not sure if the navigation option had a USB connector, though.)

Reactions: kloker

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,670 Posts
Perfect!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts