Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I'm just missing it, but I am struggling to find out how to reset the average MPG (I'd like to do it every fill up) on my 2017 CR-V Touring. I know it's possible, but for the life of me, I can't find it. Thanks.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I'll have to go through the settings to remember, but I set mine to reset every fill automatically. I just wish my mpg's were as high as some of the ones I've been seeing here, on my 4th fill now and I just started seeing barely 25. with 1/3 city 2/3 hwy.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
On a related issue, is there anyway to see the average MPG since new?
When I got my 2016, I reset both trip A and trip B. I set the trip A to reset at every fillup and I have not touched trip B. My average since I bought the car is now 30.2 with a lot of trips. I drops in the winter and increased in the summer.

·
Registered
1 Posts
After a couple of hours researching 'how to', I finally found how to have Trip A reset automatically when refueling. I have a 2018 CRV Touring with Nav. Go into Settings, Vehicle, Meter Setup, Trip A, and select when refueling. Sorry, I'm an old lady and wish someone here could have spelled that out for me and saved me some time. But maybe my post will help someone else. Hope so.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My 2018 Touring model displays very high mileage, but when I compute it myself it's not very close. At least .5 - 2.5 less than display. ???

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
My 2018 Touring model displays very high mileage, but when I compute it myself it's not very close. At least .5 - 2.5 less than display. ???
I have seen 1-2 less when calculated and 1 mpg more on a few occasions. So much of it depends on your filling technique.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
After a couple of hours researching 'how to', I finally found how to have Trip A reset automatically when refueling. I have a 2018 CRV Touring with Nav. Go into Settings, Vehicle, Meter Setup, Trip A, and select when refueling. Sorry, I'm an old lady and wish someone here could have spelled that out for me and saved me some time. But maybe my post will help someone else. Hope so.
yes this is very nice. I also leave Trip B alone and assume it's the lifetime average of the vehicle. Currently at 31.5mpg on Trip B at 10,000 miles. Pretty happy with that.

·
Registered
296 Posts
One can program the trip A to reset the MPG automatically at every fill up. Nice feature. I reset B after an oil change. FWIW getting 31.1 using premiums for approx 3300 miles, since last oil change.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts