Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
If the light is on, it might be an indication of a malfunction. I'm not aware of a reset button. On something like this I'd be heading for the dealer sooner rather than later. It may be something as simple as a seat belt latch fault but maybe not...

Sent from my motorola edge plus using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,154 Posts
You can clear with the scanners. you if that is the Airbag sys you wil lwant to make sure its not a issue?

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Welcome to the forum. SRS is normally a self diagnosing system. When fault corrected it reset itself. Codes could still be in history.
SRS lights are not like engine lights; in most cars they do not reset themselves. (This is to ensure parts are actually replaced, instead of an intermittent problem not getting fixed, and then reasserting itself in an accident.)

·
Premium Member
6,154 Posts
I intensionally removed my SRS for the Seat belts under the seat yeah tied into the SRS lights (see vid ) When the first Honda CRV came out 97 I had the SRS come on, and only way to clear was the Dealer $80.00 labor charge that got refunded , calling Gh Honda General office. so if the Light came on there was a reason but if you like me pulled a fuse you waant to be careful. all I am saying you can clear them if you know how.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts