Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Note: Engine Oil Life and individual service codes can be reset individually with the Honda Diagnostic System (HDS) by any Honda Dealer.

For those who wish to reset the entire MM, there is a procedure in the Owner Manuals for 2007 to 2011 CR-Vs.

The procedure on page 344/345 of the 2010 owner's manual is not really wrong but is misleading. I hope this is a more clear presentation of this procedure.

The select/reset knob, that is used in this procedure, is also the Instrument Panel Brightness control knob. It is the small, black, cone-shaped knob sticking out from the face of the Tackometer.

Procedure:

1. Turn the ignition switch to the ON (II) position (do not start the engine).
2. Press and release the select/reset knob repeatedly until the engine oil life is displayed.

Image1.jpg

3. Press and hold in the select/reset knob until the display goes blank except for "OIL LIFE", "CANCEL", and temperature for EX and EXL models, with CANCEL blinking. This should take about 10 seconds.

Image2.jpg

4. Release the select/reset knob.

5. Rotate the select/reset knob until ‘‘OIL LIFE’’ begins to blink.

6. With "OIL LIFE" blinking, push and release the select/reset knob to select OIL LIFE. The engine oil life and the maintenance item code(s) will blink.

7. With the oil life and the maintenance item code(s) blinking, press and hold in the select/reset knob until the display returns to normal. This should take about 5 seconds.

Image3.jpg

An aside, you can use this same procedure to adjust the temperature readout by +or- 5 degrees. When you get to the rotate the knob step, stop when the temperature display blinks, press the knob to select temperature for adjustment. Turn the knob to scroll through the changes. Stop at the one you want. Press and release the knob.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just picked up a 2007 CRV with 111,000 miles on it. While it was well taken care of, I plan on replacing all maintenance items and fluids to set a known maintenance "baseline." Obviously this is a good point to completely reset the MM as described above. Are there any times that a complete reset should be done as well?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
This procedure does reset everything.

I just picked up a 2007 CRV with 111,000 miles on it. While it was well taken care of, I plan on replacing all maintenance items and fluids to set a known maintenance "baseline." Obviously this is a good point to completely reset the MM as described above. Are there any times that a complete reset should be done as well?

Thanks.
Note: Engine Oil Life and individual service codes can be reset individually with the Honda Diagnostic System (HDS) by any Honda Dealer.

It is s wise decision to do "all maintenance items and fluids to set a known maintenance "baseline."

·
Registered
10 Posts
How do you do this reset for the 20? I searched this board but can't find the description anywhere. This one has the backup camera with the digital display in the center. The Maintenance Required symbol is on the dash display.

Thanks.

·
Registered
22 Posts
You can reset the "Maintenance Required" light by pressing the trip odometer when you first star up your 2002 Honda CR-V and holding till the light goes out. Turn off engine and re-start and light is now gone.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts