Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Please post any email correspondence you have had from Honda (head office).

Here is a sampling of mine with Honda Canada:

1) I asked about oil dilution in November, after the "fix" had been released.

2) The response I received on Nov. 26 included this:

Honda is currently investigating the situation and developing a countermeasure. Honda is hopeful that vehicle enhancements will be released to address this condition in the next several months.

3) Since the "fix" had already been released, I asked if they were referring to the existing "fix" or if something else was forthcoming. Their non-answer was:

If Honda releases additional updates for your vehicle, you will be notified.

The lawyers are running the show at Honda. This is not good news for us…

·
Registered
2017 CR-V EX-L AWD, Built in Ohio.
229 Posts
I am not sure why the answers suck lately. I called Honda today and was told my dealer knows everything. The dealer won't tell me anything else. Grrrrrr

·
Registered
243 Posts
My question would be why do people feel the need to continue making threads on this topic when there are many others in the front page you could have posted in? This marks thread number 11 on the front page of this forum.

And I'm not sure why people bother contacting Honda. You really expect them to give some kind of update that you haven't already heard from someone else on this forum? You probably know more about this issue then the person who replied back to you from Honda and probably most Honda dealers.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My question would be why do people feel the need to continue making threads on this topic when there are many others in the front page you could have posted in? This marks thread number 11 on the front page of this forum.

And I'm not sure why people bother contacting Honda. You really expect them to give some kind of update that you haven't already heard from someone else on this forum? You probably know more about this issue then the person who replied back to you from Honda and probably most Honda dealers.
1) If you have read other forums you may have noticed that the moderators like to keep the posts in each thread consistent with the subject matter. Many threads have been closed when people stray from the stated topic.

2) If you read the thread topics regarding oil dilution, they all have a distinct angle on the topic. In this thread, people are asked to share their correspondence with Honda Inc., not dealers.

3) The reason people "bother" contacting Honda is because they are responsible for solving issues like this. Also, they need to know that the issue is real and will not be tolerated by their customers.

4) Lastly, these forums are designed for people to share their thoughts and experiences. If you have contacted Honda regarding this, we would love to hear what they told you and how you feel about it.

·
Registered
2016 CRV Touring AWD
3,785 Posts
The response has been a recall. If additional work needs o be done, they'll supplement it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.