Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way for me or my dealer to retrieve past maintenance minder codes that have been cleared?

·
Registered
17 CRV EXL AWD, 14 CRV EXL AWD
1,867 Posts
Nope, which is why I keep a spread sheet on all the maintenance performed.

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
8,553 Posts
Nope, which is why I keep a spread sheet on all the maintenance performed.
I still use a little notebook that I keep in the glove boxes of our cars to record service actions. It hasn't failed to 'boot-up' yet! 😁

Erasure of maintenance codes is one reason we always recommend doing ALL the past fluid changes on newly-purchased used cars.

I THINK that dealer-performed service records could be obtained by a new owner, anyone know for sure?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I still use a little notebook that I keep in the glove boxes of our cars to record service actions. It hasn't failed to 'boot-up' yet! 😁

Erasure of maintenance codes is one reason we always recommend doing ALL the past fluid changes on newly-purchased used cars.

I THINK that dealer-performed service records could be obtained by a new owner, anyone know for sure?
Yes. That was my experience earlier this year after purchasing an 08 EX w/ 54k miles. Surprisingly, the large multi-franchise dealership 5 min from my house could not access the records. I had to go to the smaller dealership 1 hr away where the car was sold new and all maintenance work performed. I showed the service advisor the title in my name, he transferred the ownership to me in their system, and then printed all maintenance records from 2008-2019. I was very happy to have them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts