Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
I have a 2007 CR-V that will soon be going to my daughter and will live out its days doing urban combat in Boston. I've been looking at various Bluetooth kits for this vehicle (basic sound system and no nav) and the install seems pretty straightforward. I am curious about anyone's experience with specific kits as it relates to voice dialing, dash controls and interface with iPhone 5s and 6s.

Any insight will be appreciated.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update: I settled on the USA SPEC BT45-HON3 kit. Initial installation took longer than expected because the XM tuner is NOT located behind the glove box as described in the manual, USA SPEC's website, and every other place on the web I could find. It is actually mounted behind the passenger side kick panel. Once I found it, everything else was a piece of cake. I decided to locate the interface module inside the upper glove box because the vehicle already has an auxiliary input jack in the console. There is a removable panel in the back that makes this easy. The kit comes with a very long (~ 15') microphone cord, but rather than mess with mounting it on the A pillar or ideally in the headliner on the centerline of the vehicle, I opted for the dash just above the vents. There is a great video showing how to remove the vent panel from GTA Car Kits so it was very easy. Aesthetically, it is not great, but at this point, how it looks is pretty low on the priority list. The unit performs as advertised and I am told the sound quality when making a call is very good.

BTW, Thanks for all the replies.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts