Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a link to a review in today's Detroit Free Press. He basically gives it 4 out of 4 stars and complains mostly about the touch-screen interface. Other negative comments include highway wind noise and engine noise under acceleration.

The touch screen comments don't bother me since these reviewers never have time to really get familiar with a new car and all systems take time to get used to. It's like when you pick up an unfamiliar car at an airport rental and then can't figure out how to operate it while trying to get out onto the road.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
I love how every reviewer gets worked up about the lack of a tuning knob. I don't know about everyone, but once I have my presets set, I rarely use said knob. Yeah, a reviewer is going to miss it because the presets aren't set to their preference, but it's just not that common of a control on a daily driver.

On another note, you would have thought the safety features would have gotten more copy in that review... how well things like lane-assist and adaptive cruise still vary widely amongst brands, and it's a useful standard for comparison. And nothing on cargo capacity, even though that's a prime factor for most CUV buyers.

·
Registered
190 Posts
How is switching from nav-audio, etc cumbersome? You never have to even touch the screen. Use either the steering wheel controls or speak. Once I'm driving it's rare for me to have to use the touch screen.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
I don't think this reviewer actually spent much time with the car, or he neglected to read the manual. I can understand if he didn't get some subtle config setting somewhere, but you'd think reading up on what the steering wheel controls do (since they exist to supplement the ones on the dash) would have been a good idea.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts