Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Honda CR-V family :)

I am the proud owner of the 2018 CR-V EX-L AWD. I LOVE this vehicle - by far the nicest one I have ever had. The only problem, is that my leg falls asleep after about 20 minutes of driving. This is a big problem because I drive 90 miles per day roundtrip. Can't have a dead leg for 3/4 of the drive!

I am 5'10 and I have the seats all the way back, all the way down, and the back rest at an angle of about 120. I have a slight bend in my knee and for all intents and purposes, I'm comfy while driving.

I have narrowed this down to being a problem with 1 of 2 things (or both)
1. The chair is not long enough.
2. The gas pedal is at too elevated of an angle.

With the chair, I found its 19.5 inches. My chevy volt (previous car) and the Honda accord (friends car) both never gave me problems, and both of those are at 20.5 inches.

The gas pedal on the volt is at an angle of approximately 44.5 degrees, while the CR-V pedal is a little more upright at approximately 52.1 degrees.

Both of these differences in measurement seem like they shouldn't cause a problem, and yet, here we are. Does anyone have a solution? I am considering changing out the pedal for something less elevated or even trying to fight Honda to get them to replace the seats with the Accord seats. But all of that seems like a lot of work and I don't want to void any warranties.

Community help is appreciated :)

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
I'm 6'4" 250lbs and have no issues, are you heavier than me?
Honda isn't going to do anything, they didnt make u purchase the car lol and you have full power to test drive it before hand (some states even overnight)

A friend of mine is 6'6" and grabbed a cheap prius for errands, and we installed seat bracket extenders so it shifted the seat BACk so he could fully extend his legs, not sure if they sell one for the crv but you do sacrifice some of the rear legroom.

Did you adjust the seat up down?
We just got a free 2019 equinox from my wifes company, i've owned like 15 honda/acuras and never had a chevy and it sits WAY higher, even my wife made a comment about it but she never adjusts any of our seats just rolls with how it comes.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your reply!

No, not heavier. I'm like 215 but wide hipped, so maybe that causes me to sit differently.

We test drove them four times before we bought and this wasn't an issue so I'm trying to figure out what changed.

It could be that I'm not far enough back but I don't think that is it - I am pretty extended.

I did try adjusting the seat up and down. It seemed that the higher I went, the worse it got so I have it all the way down at the moment.

The equinox is a great SUV - cool that your wife was able to get one for work. I'm a little scared to purchase another chevy because my volt has had a lot of mechanical problems.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for your reply!

No not heavier - 5'10 and about 215. I do have some wide hips though so maybe that causes me to sit differently. We test drove the darn thing 4 different times and the leg was fine each time. I'm wondering what I am doing differently this time except for driving it longer.

I don't know if I need extenders. I am pretty extended right now. Too much farther and I'll be driving with a straight leg. Extending a bit is an option though if I can't figure out what else to do.

I did try adjusting the seat up and down. Up seemed to make it worse. I currently have it all the way down.

That is exciting for your wife! I really like the equinox but I'm hesitant to buy one because of my problems with the volt. Chevy and my family don't seem to get along. But they are beautiful vehicles!

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
yea its ok, if it wasn't free i'd never drive it lol
Just weird to see the complaints here from a different angle of what u can do on the chevy vs the honda or vice versa.
Same "class" but totally night and day different

As crazy as it seems maybe you should swing to your doctor and find out what they say.
I was getting random numbness when i slept certain ways and they just told me to get a new pillow, fish oil and vitamin d haha

Could be something like a pressure point/lumbar etc

·
Administrator
3,290 Posts
Its a new car to you-sounds like you haven't found the absolutely perfect seat/steering etc position for you. It takes me some time to nail it in any car.
Keep experimenting and you'll hopefully find the solution

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea its ok, if it wasn't free i'd never drive it lol
Just weird to see the complaints here from a different angle of what u can do on the chevy vs the honda or vice versa.
Same "class" but totally night and day different

As crazy as it seems maybe you should swing to your doctor and find out what they say.
I was getting random numbness when i slept certain ways and they just told me to get a new pillow, fish oil and vitamin d haha

Could be something like a pressure point/lumbar etc

I have also thought about talking to the doc. I have had the car a short time though so I was trying to wait to see if it gets better. Thank you again for your input. I appreciate it

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Its a new car to you-sounds like you haven't found the absolutely perfect seat/steering etc position for you. It takes me some time to nail it in any car.
Keep experimenting and you'll hopefully find the solution
You could be 100% correct - I will keep playing with it for now. I feel like it has to be user error since I have never experienced this in a car before. Fingers crossed it works itself out :) Thanks again!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
UPDATE: turns out I just needed to break in the chair. Now that I have been driving the car for a year and have worn it in a bit, no more numbness and the seat is very comfortable

·
Registered
166 Posts
I was uncomfortable and going numb in my '19 CRV for the first week or so after I bought it. I was thinking that the seat bottoms were too long, though. They certainly are longer than the seats on my Nissan were. In the end, it was all about playing with the angle of the seat and giving my body a little time to adjust to the new curves.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts