Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone hit my CRV Touring and broke the mirror off. Can the piece that is broken be replaced or do I have to buy the whole assembly? Is the a Honda only part? How does the mirror assembly come apart? I have already removed it from the vehicle using a YouTube video for guidance but I can not find anything on the housing.

Attachments

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,670 Posts
I have the same issue with my '07 - happened on my first trip to the grocery store in it. I was able to order the housing only in my paint color, here:

https://www.hondapartsnow.com/genuine/honda~housing~set~76205-swa-a11zh.html

You should be able to go here, change vehicle to your year, and find what you need. Mine was severely cracked but not broken off, so I haven't changed it out yet, but when I do I will be doing a thread with pictures. It looks fairly straightforward, and much cheaper than having to replace the whole thing. Of course, yours is different from mine. You may have to study how it comes apart and see if you can get a part number off the broken piece to help figure out which piece it is in the diagram. Good luck and let us know how it works out. This link should get you close:

https://www.hondapartsnow.com/parts...-awd-ka-cvt/mirror.html?Diagram=3072459&PNC=3

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, Now I need to figure out how to disassemble it so I can tell what parts are going to need to be replaced.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
After taking a closer look, I think the only part I need is the base that attaches to the car. The mirror itself looks fine. However, looking at the parts diagram it appears that you can only purchase the whole assembly at $364.00 just to get this piece.

https://www.hondapartsnow.com/genuine/honda~set~lh~r~mir~assy~76208-t1w-a21.html?Make=Honda&Model=CR-V&Year=2016&Submodel=&Filter=(bt=3%2c2989;et=2%2c4)&Location=mirror,3072459,6

To get to the three screws that hold this knuckle on, do you remove this cap (blue circled area) by prying on the area with the red arrow? This is the driver's side, the passenger side is destroyed so I cant tell how it comes apart looking at it.

Attachments

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,670 Posts
In the diagram I think you are looking for part #8. I see what you mean, though, it's difficult to tell given the poor illustrations. It might be best to take it down to the Honda Dealer parts counter and get them to clarify that or show you the parts, which they should have in stock. You don't have to buy the parts there, just make them clarify the part number for that part and/or show you the part. Or, you could call Honda Parts Now, talk to them, set it up so you can email them these pictures, and I bet they'd answer for you.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Larry, I am headed to Honda this morning to get a estimate so I can shop around for the correct part.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Update- I went by my Honda Dealer and they said it can only be purchased as an entire mirror assembly even though the base /swivel is a separate piece. Dealer wants $622.00 with tax for this part. I can get it at various online places for around 350.00. It is such a waste to buy the whole thing when all I need is the base / swivel. I may have no choice unless I can find it used.

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
you'll never find a part like that as just the pieces you need for it. Its ALWAYS and assembly you have to buy.

Just go to a junkyard and find one.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,670 Posts
Wow! That's ridiculous. I just looked on eBay - there are some decent prices if you can find what you need there. I searched for "2016 Honda CR-V OEM rt side mirror." Saw a couple. Apparently there are also aftermarket ones. Local wrecking yards, maybe. I'd still call Honda parts now and ask them, they might have just the part you need. I mean, they do show it and list it separately. If they do, then call your dealer back up and tell them to match the deal and the part or you will file a fraud complaint with the state attorney general. That's a rip-off. They might respond, because you can do that and get them in big trouble.

·
Registered
2016 CRV Touring AWD
3,785 Posts
Price depends in part on spec of vehicle.
Lx definitely doesn't have mirror features of the Touring

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,670 Posts
you'll never find a part like that as just the pieces you need for it. Its ALWAYS and assembly you have to buy.
No - As I said, I got the individual part I needed for mine - I even posted a link to it. Also posted a link to his.

No way would I accept this. First they sell me a car with cheaply built, easily broken plastic mirrors, then they won't sell me just the part I need, and then they want $622 for the mirror? Not happenin.' Not no kinda way.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts