Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1997 AWD CR-V
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to have rims refinished or should I buy new ones? I’m sure it would be difficult to find a set of these around. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I had one alloy wheel from my 2012 EX refinished after getting scraped up in an accident. The auto body shop sent it out to be refinished, came back looking brand new! All the wheels had been starting to corrode and bubble up around the center hub cap, unfortunately it would have been $150 each to send out the other three wheels that were not involved in the insurance claim... But everything is kind of expensive where I live. Your mileage may vary.
Those look like steel wheels, they can certainly be sanded and painted. It all depends on how picky you are with the resulting finish.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
303 Posts
There are many options on wheel coatings, from a rattle can of your choice, to high end custom refinishing.

For those wheels I think a rattle can would be sufficient.

·
Registered
2011 Honda CR-V EXL
131 Posts
In my opinion refinishing steel wheels can be a rewarding 'do-it-yourself' project. The out of pocket cost to have someone do it professionally wouldn't be worth it.

·
Registered
90 Posts
probably paint is best,, U can powder coat but tires have to be off and it takes a few days then remount tires..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts