Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1997, 2002, 2017 my expertese lies there
4,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I share this video to the site as it is of Importance to talk about why the future is here and not knowing what the car ahead or the car behind and especially the car on the side. But all you will have something to say that may be right, or wrong.

Forget the lane we all are in because there is no right or wrong lane when a Storm hits you. if you want the whole story. I am not speeding I am safely away from a tanker and a slower car and had time to manuever over but the importance was being safely AWAY from knowing what was coming up and my surrounding, that you can not and will not see shown. What you see is.

1 the storm is approaching. I start my wipers in advance lights on to..
2 as I see the storm, I prepare my hazards. And Slow down
3. I maintain a safe speed, if need be of the strength to pull off the road, to the side, safely, since we maintained and had visability.
4 Blinkers come off. maintain the same speed, and gradually increase, and continue forward.

If I continue the video you see Just a Blur........

A excellent topic to talk about for the v and any vehicle. I do not and know some won wil lsay ride her like you stole it.

the importance is the 1st 15 minutes of any rain, Oils on the road. Since I am old school been around. I have common sense to know how to safely say thank you have a nice day!

·
Registered
196 Posts
I see:
You are driving slowly in the left lane and not overtaking other vehicles, which requires vehicles and a semi to pass you unsafely in the right lanes. You should be in one of the other two lanes.

You should NEVER USE YOUR FLASHERS unless there is an actual emergency. This creates confusion because the other drivers do not know if you are applying your brakes or signaling your turns.

·
Registered
2017 CRV EX AWD
1,459 Posts
I see:
You are driving slowly in the left lane and not overtaking other vehicles, which requires vehicles and a semi to pass you unsafely in the right lanes. You should be in one of the other two lanes.

You should NEVER USE YOUR FLASHERS unless there is an actual emergency. This creates confusion because the other drivers do not know if you are applying your brakes or signaling your turns.
agreed & not yielding the left lane is a fat ticket

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
"Since I am old school been around. I have common sense to know how to safely say thank you have a nice day! "

Literally isn't driving safely/correctly in the video.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Dude, you are causing other drivers violate traffic laws (I suppose they are the same in the US) by passing you on the right side. The slowest vehicle must always stay in the rightmost lane.

·
Registered
2019 CR-V Touring
70 Posts
I see:

You should NEVER USE YOUR FLASHERS unless there is an actual emergency.
In Ontario, Canada there are no specific restrictions on hazard light use. However, it is suggested that they be used in the following situations.
You are stopped on the road or at the side of the road.
You are travelling signficantly below the speed limit.
Visibility is seriously degraded in bad weather.
Traffic is slow or stopped ahead of you.

Also, use your headlights AND taillights when driving in rain or when vehicles are pulling up spray.

And, PLEASE, keep to the right hand lane (in Canada and USA) unless passing.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Visibility is seriously degraded in bad weather.
European models have rear fog light(s) for that. Hazards for emergency braking (automatic flashers in Euro models) or roadside emergency only.

·
Registered
2009 CRV
137 Posts
Here in Houston we get a good amount of downpours, and the following has worked well for me.

I turn on my headlights so that I increase own visibility but also the visibility of my vehicle to others. I use the middle lane as the far right lanes typically have standing water which can be hard to see during severe downpours and the left lanes are for people who insist in driving 65 mph even though you cant see 20 ft in-front of you.

Last, but probably most important, I drop speed trying to a good mix of slow enough to see, react and avoid hydroplaning
yet not so slow as to hold up traffic and possible cause myself to get rear ended.

Its kept me alive.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts