Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There seems to be a lot of road salt and mud that collects at the bottom of the doors in my EX-L. See picture below.

Are other people noticing this? It doesn't seem to do this in my wife's '16 CR-V.

Would getting running boards keep that from happening?

Is it possible the splash guards could make it happen? I would think if anything they would reduce it.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Happens on my EX-L as well. Been doing a wash about once a week due to the salt here (MA) but have to manually wipe down that section every time. A bit of a hassle but I use microfiber cloths to dry off my vehichle and just give that section a clean wipe once I'm done drying off the car.

·
Registered
140 Posts
My Accord has the same issue. Try to keep her on the road ;)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Yep. Been seeing this on my Touring version, too. I do like that the lower door area wraps under to prevent the sill from getting dirty and rubbing off on my legs while entering/exiting. I guess this is the downside since it's collecting more dirt/water. I plan to do the same as nefan22 and wipe it down each time I get it cleaned.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'll post a picture of mine once I drive again. I have a thick rubber guard there. Not sure if they consider the rubber pieces as part of the "door guards", which I had installed.
Thanks. That would be helpful. After the issue with the HD Radio there's a part of me that wonders if a rubber guard was supposed to be there and it slipped through the cracks.

·
Registered
137 Posts
There seems to be a lot of road salt and mud that collects at the bottom of the doors in my EX-L. See picture below.

Are other people noticing this? It doesn't seem to do this in my wife's '16 CR-V.

Would getting running boards keep that from happening?

Is it possible the splash guards could make it happen? I would think if anything they would reduce it.
You may want to add an adhesive weatherstrip to the bottom of the door much like what is shown in this link:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/140892139773?lpid=82&chn=ps&ul_noapp=true

You should be able to find some in an auto parts store or in Home Depot or Lowes.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I did 400+ miles yesterday in mixed winter conditions. Roughly 25% was snow covered/slushy roads through the Adirondacks and I had a considerable amount of dirt/sand all around the doors including the seals at the bottom. Definitely more than any other vehicle. I will just be sure to keep it cleaned out down there or the Northeast sand and salt will take it's toll.

·
Registered
2017 CR-V EX-L w/ NAV
1,034 Posts
Yeah me too. First noticed this phenom on wife's 2013 RAV 4. Don't recall this being an issue on prev CR-Vs I've owned, 1999 and 2002. After washing I always wipe down door jambs and bottom of doors anyway.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Had a 400+mile round trip in snowy/slushy conditions on salted/sanded roads last weekend. Wow, what a large amount of gunk that I had to clean out of the door area. I'm not complaining but am amazed how much build up there was. Honda definitely did not test these in real world conditions in wintery areas or someone would of said they need to do something about it.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts