Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering how many folks use Rockauto, I compared the exact same part from autozone and rockauto tonight, Autozone $167.00 Rockauto $64 I have used them many times and find them awesome parts house.

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
I've used RA for filters (air & cabin), but haven't needed to use them for much else.
My brother brought a Civic back from the brink using parts from them.
I have heard of others having problems with them, but those are far and few between.

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
10,760 Posts
I have used RA for years (in fact my sports car is pictured on one of their magnets :cool: ) but you STILL need to double check prices with other parts houses.

I recently bought name-brand air assist shocks for my wife's vehicle and they were cheaper at AutoZone (and available for pickup).

PS: You can ALWAYS find a 5% RA discount code around the 'net. :HighFive:

·
Registered
2016 CRV Touring AWD
3,774 Posts
I use RA from time to time. It's been great for generic and specialized parts. Never had any problems but I always buy best quality they have.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I use RA as well. Most of the time if I can wait or have a weekend repair planned I'll price shop between the local parts stores, online Honda stores and RA. Most of the time they win and as Rocky stated, I too always go for the highest quality part they have. Living out in the country with a 40 mile round trip to a parts store makes RA a good deal for me. Can't beat ordering on a Tuesday and the parts are there on Thursday.

If I need a part right now, I'll use Auto Zone, Advanced or Orielly's and in a pinch Napa. Find who has the best prices, items in stock and then make the trip in to town.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I was leery at first, but after a few purchases I'm a fan. Of course, it depends upon whether or not you can wait for the parts.
Scheduled maintenance, replacing wiper blades on the fleet, upcoming brake jobs, that sort of thing. Gotta have it now, still
stuck with Autozone or NAPA. (or even the stealer).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts