Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi CRV Owners,

I posted this in the maintenance and service thread, but no luck with any solutions yet. I thought I might try here to see if I have more luck.

I own a 2005 CRV EX, with manual transmission. I have an airbag light on, and it is staying on. I got a code read from the local shop, and it came up as a open circuit to the Roll Over sensor. I can't find this sensor, and have only seen one google image diagram showing where it is and its not there on my car as far as I can tell, unless it is actually in the bottom of the seat, and not just underneath it. Is it possible that there is another name for this sensor?

I would really like to solve this. If anyone can point me to the location of this sensor, or another possible name for it, I would be grateful. I really want to make sure the connection between the sensor and the cable is good before I take this to a mechanic.

I have changed a front impact airbag sensor before, and I am aware of the battery disconnect, and safety protocols around messing with the SRS system.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Ben

·
Registered
895 Posts
I have a factory service manual for the '05 and '06. I'll try to look it up tonight. But it's going to be pretty late when I get home.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BDub,

Much appreciated thank you. I do have an update, and I believe I may have found the sensor. There is a sensor under the passenger front seat, that says Sensor Assy Cluster. A quick search resulted yeilded that this is a YAW sensor. Yeah! Found it. I have not got deep in there to look at the connection, its pretty buried, but I found out the part costs over $1300 CDN from my local dealership. They told me however that it is unlikley the sensor, as they have never changed one, and have not even sold one in the past three years.

I have tested all the fuses, and they are good. I am thinking maybe there is a bad relay that might control this. BDub, is there anything in that service manual that indicates a way to test this sensor to see if it is faulty, or if there is a relay that it depends on?

Thanks for your help.

Off to do some tests.

Ben

·
Registered
183 Posts
At the very least, I would unplug it and plug it back in. As a safety measure, anytime I mess with anything 'airbag', I disconnect the battery and drain the residual voltage in the system by pressing the brake pedal several times. Better safe than sorry. :)

·
Registered
895 Posts
CRV.jpg
Roll Rate Sensor.jpg

Do you guys run right hand drive cars up there? According to the manual (provided we are talking about the same sensor), it is under the drivers seat (left hand side). I dropped the replacement procedure in too. I will go back and dig around and see if I can come up with some troubleshooting procedures. What was the SRS code the shop pulled? That would be helpful. There are some DTC troubleshooting sections in the manual.

·
Registered
895 Posts
SRS Print.png

Looks like that sensor goes straight to the SRS Unit. So, if its looking crispy, may be a burnt wire if the sensor is ok. If you can get me whatever codes it is displaying it will be easier to possibly guide you to a solution.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
BDub,

Thanks for your help, and sorry to be slow on the replies. My whole family and I got taken out by the flu. I am happy to hear that this may be a cheaper fix than the sensor assy cluster. I'll look into it and let you know. I can't remember the code # that they pulled. I will take another look for that sensor. Thanks again. I will update as soon as I can.

Ben

·
Registered
895 Posts
No worries. Get to feeling better.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts