Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Just bought 01 crv auto, love it, just joined tonight.
Have noticed a lot of road noise, anyone tried to add sound insulation? Have researched a little but it seems there are different opinions on this. Any suggestions would be much appreciated

regards,
Ron Taylor

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Congratulations on the purchase. Is the body still in good condition? I had mine rustproofed. I noticed that after doing that the interior got quieter. You can add product called Dynamat. Let me know.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Welcome to the forum! There are lots of older CRV's on the road still looking and running great. Good luck with your '01.

Enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi and ta for reply. Yes body is excellent, all over really. Was thinking first of getting my local garage to rust proof underside with spray on bitumen, they say this will be a good step first. It seems I then have to pay attention to internal panels, doors boot etc to do a complete job. I intend to keep this car for as long as possible so don't mind a liitle cash spent.

ta
Ron

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had same problem. Check the rubber body mounts, front and rear. I found mine worn and metal to metal touching caused road noise. after repair sounds great. This is a specialty and i found very few mechanics have tools required to press out and install new bushings. Parts inexpensive. Labor 500$. Also found motor mounts and trans mounts were worn and replaced them also. Sound is good now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts