Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're trying to work out if the Thule Pulse L cargo box we have would fit on the 2018 CRV and without obstructing the rear hatch opening. eTrailer says you need approxiamtely 46 inches from the center of the front cross bar to the hatch seam and that held true on our Jeep.

So...does anyone have the factory rails fitted and cross bars that mount into the fixed mounting positions they provide? If you do, would you mind measuring the distance from the front bar to the hatch seam? :):)

Thx!

·
Registered
31 Posts
I used the factory-installed rails on my 2018 Touring and installed Honda crossbars (less than five minute job). I get 47 inches from the back of the front rail (along the passenger side) and 49 inches from the center (there is a slight curve in the hatch seam that makes the center distance slightly longer). I would wait to have someone else confirm my measurements.

Are you concerned about the antenna?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My concern is not being able to open the hatch fully when the car is loaded up (will be putting the dogs in the back and our luggage up top). According to etrailer, the Thule Pulse Large box needs 46-3/8" to work like this and from what you said that should not be an issue. Might be a close-run thing but that's OK, it was with a Jeep Grand Cherokee too...What a relief not to have to sell the box and downsize. :)

Thank you!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts