Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got one more item today installed, now I'm closer to having my CRV look like the "Black Edition" CRV just need side steps not sure I'll add them still thinking about it.

I got the roof rails installed by the dealer it cost $80 to get installed and the Roof rack rails were $320 at the dealership on sale on which was pretty good deal when they are $491 regular price. I don't plan on using them to attach anything I just want the roof rails for the looks. Here's some pictures!
IMG_0784.JPG
IMG_0779.JPG

IMG_0780.JPG

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
nice! I just purchased a 2015 but without the rails because rails plus cross bars (in case I really wanted to mount something) added over 2k to the cost! I'm looking at aftermarket as we speak.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi. Any one has the aftermarket oem look roof rails installed? Do they fix like the oem ones?I just bought the running boards and there were a little issue installing them.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Hi. Any one has the aftermarket oem look roof rails installed? Do they fix like the oem ones?I just bought the running boards and there were a little issue installing them.
I just bought and installed cross bars from E-Bay that were priced at $65 or best offer (the EX-L comes with rails). I offered and bought them for $62 delivered. They look and fit like the OEM ones and it took me about half an hour to install. They came with the allen wrench to install with. You just pop out the plastic covers and use the 8 supplied bolts. Very pleased.

My cargo mat came Saturday and it fits perfectly ($80 from E-Bay). My $49.99 vent shades are scheduled to be here on Thursday. I will then be done with my 2016 EX-L.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just bought and installed cross bars from E-Bay that were priced at $65 or best offer (the EX-L comes with rails). I offered and bought them for $62 delivered. They look and fit like the OEM ones and it took me about half an hour to install. They came with the allen wrench to install with. You just pop out the plastic covers and use the 8 supplied bolts. Very pleased.

My cargo mat came Saturday and it fits perfectly ($80 from E-Bay). My $49.99 vent shades are scheduled to be here on Thursday. I will then be done with my 2016 EX-L.
Do you have a link to the cross bars you purchased off eBay?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Do you have a link to the cross bars you purchased off eBay?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I drove my car today for the first time since I installed the. I now understand why you don't see the cross bars on many CRVs. I heard wind noise and I suspect that is true for most of them. I didn't like the noise and took them back off. The ones I got were the last ones the seller had but there are a bunch of others like them with a very similar price.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I installed cross bars on my brother's 06 SE and he also complains about the whistling noise heard at higher speeds. The fix to this noise issue, you will have to install a "roof rack wind deflector".

·
Registered
171 Posts
Are these the square or round bars or are they the aero bars that are neither square nor round? My factory cross bars have never whistled on my Gen 2.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi, i was wondering where did you get your front grill on your 13 crv? I try to find one like that but you're the first one i saw with one installed, looks great!

Thx!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've been scouring the web trying to find an installation video for DIYers trying to put on their own rails. In the end I did it myself and created this youtube video for it. Hopefully others can find it helpful in the future:

Honda CRV 2013 Roof Rack Rail Installation Guide (Search on Youtube for title)

SEO Optimization:
Installation of Roof Rails for Honda CRV 2013. This structure is used when the CRV doesnt have rails and a pre-cursor for installing a Honda CRV Roof Rack.

The part number used in this video is:
Honda Genuine Accessories 08L02-T0A-110 Roof Rail

1 - 15 of 15 Posts