Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I was wondering what roof rack options would fit my CRV that didn’t come with the OEM roof rack.

·
Registered
1998 CR-V EX 4spd auto "Big Green" completely stock with roof rack and front mud flaps
390 Posts
The necessary studs to mount a roof rack are part of every CRV car body. All you have to do is get the factory roof rack, and bolt it on.

I would search eBay. They're usually people with full roof rack sets on eBay.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah saw some of the factory ones on eBay for $200 plus shipping. Just know there’s another way if you get like Thule foot pack

·
Registered
1998 CR-V EX 4spd auto "Big Green" completely stock with roof rack and front mud flaps
390 Posts
I realize we all want to spend as little as possible, but here's a little perspective:

New Thule roof kits get up over $500 real quick, without attaching anything to them. A single scratch on the roof can cost more than $300 to fix. A decent new bike rack that attaches to a roof rack will start around $200, for 1 bike. A similar quality bike rack for a trailer hitch will start around $500. Even a decent set of tires for a CRV is going to cost more than $600.

$200 is nothing to spend on a good rack that won't break apart or damage your car.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks man. Yeah I already have a Yakima bike rack that attaches to hitch holds 5 bikes, and not worried about scratches as my CRV is my adventure build CRV just need a roof rack. I’m running 215/75/R15 General Grabber AT2 tires

·
Super Moderator
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
3,549 Posts
Hello,
I was wondering what roof rack options would fit my CRV that didn’t come with the OEM roof rack.
Welcome to the forum! Moving to Racks section.

FYI - GO to your Account Settings/Details page. There you'll find spaces to fill in your location (city/state), and your car's specs (Year and trim level, etc.). Fill those in, save and exit. After that, your info will be shown in your Avatar, as you can see it in mine. Then, we won't have to ask for this information, which you have not provided here, in order to help you. Thanks.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I had a set of Yakima towers on my gen1 CRV before I found the actual rack from my junkyard. I would be willing to ship within the USA only, we can settle on the price for the towers and appropriate clips since they are only suited to a very few vehicle applications contact me and I’ll see what I can do about it later this month as we have the holiday with family.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks for the information about other roof rack choices. I'm currently checking for a lightweight, low-profile, and sturdy roof rack at 4WheelOnline. I want to install one in August and use it as a bike rack for the meantime since there's a limited outdoor activity I could do with my family.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts