Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to install a set of crossbar roof racks on my 2020 CRV that does not have side rails. I have seen a set of racks on a similar CRV that has its racks installed without door hooks. Apparently, there are bolts on the roof located under the roof strips where the racks can be attached (once you cut out the correct spot). Does anyone have more information about this type of crossbar roof rack and where I might purchase them? Thank you!

·
Super Moderator - How may I help?
5,125 Posts
I would like to install a set of crossbar roof racks on my 2020 CRV that does not have side rails. I have seen a set of racks on a similar CRV that has its racks installed without door hooks. Apparently, there are bolts on the roof located under the roof strips where the racks can be attached (once you cut out the correct spot). Does anyone have more information about this type of crossbar roof rack and where I might purchase them? Thank you!
What trim level do you have?

·
Registered
2021 CR-V Hybrid EX Obsidian Blue
204 Posts
I ordered mine online from College Hills Honda. They are pretty easy to install if you are handy. You do need to cut the trim that goes in the channel currently covering up the threaded studs. A hacksaw would work, I used an oscillating multi-tool. I took some videos of my installation that I never got around to uploading to YouTube but I can do that this weekend if you're interested.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just be aware that the Honda crossbars that bolt to the roof are only rated for 100 lb., vs. 165 lb for the side rails version. That was unacceptable to me, as I need to carry 2 kayaks. I went with "door hook" version which has a 165 lb rating. I like to stay all Honda on my 2020 CR-V EX Hybrid, but Honda no longer sells the rails. The aftermarket carrier worked great on our recent vacation, which included highway, as well as dirt roads.

·
Premium Member
2021 CRV EX-L
493 Posts
Just be aware that the Honda crossbars that bolt to the roof are only rated for 100 lb., vs. 165 lb for the side rails version. That was unacceptable to me, as I need to carry 2 kayaks. I went with "door hook" version which has a 165 lb rating. I like to stay all Honda on my 2020 CR-V EX Hybrid, but Honda no longer sells the rails. The aftermarket carrier worked great on our recent vacation, which included highway, as well as dirt roads.
College Hills Honda has the rails back in stock.

rails

1 - 5 of 5 Posts