Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m new to the forum, which I joined because I’m thinking of buying a pre-owned CRV, probably a 2016. Can anyone tell me whether the cargo area will accommodate two adult sized bicycles - with the rear seats down, of course. Thanks.

·
Registered
2014 CRV EX-L FWD
358 Posts
Your question can't really be answered because we can't see your bikes. But my guess is NO, a couple of bikes won't fit. Just an educated guess - if you want a Honda (for carrying two bikes) then look to the Odyssey or Pilot.

While I really like my 16 CRV my only complaint is how physically small it is. I came from an 08 Sante Fe (stolen/ wrecked) and it provided significantly more room - in the front seating areas, in the middle area (my GSD dogs place) and the rear hatch area (guns and ammo).

While some might suggest a roof rack (it'd work), I'd suggest a very light weight trailer for its' greater versatility.

·
Registered
110 Posts
AS previously stated depends on the bikes and your skills as a mechanic (bike). I can carry either of my bikes in my CRV (2013) with the back seats down. One, a Cannondale Scalpel (27.5in) lays down and fits without removal of anything, second is Specialized Camber(29er) have to remove front tire. If you created a mount you might be able to get 2 bikes in the back as long as both front tires are removed. I typically carry only one bike, I have a hitch installed, and I use a 1upUSA rack to secure my bike to and from the trail. Best rack available (debatable) only issue is if the sky opens up because I prefer to not get bikes wet (so I carry it inside if it rains).

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
I saw a 3rd Gen CR-V with a hitch mounted bike rack with two bikes a couple of days ago.
I wasn't able to get close enough to see if it was a 1 1/4" hitch or a 2" hitch.
It was a platform style rack that the wheels of each bike fit in a small tray at the hitch level, as compared to one that the bikes hang from their cross bars.

I checked etrailer.com and they say a 1 1/4" hitch can support two bikes.
They also have an FAQ page bike racks:

https://www.etrailer.com/faq-hitch-bike-rack.aspx

I also remember seeing someone remove the front wheel and with a piece of lumber and a special mount for the front forks, mount their bike inside the CR-V. A bit of searching found this:

https://www.crvownersclub.com/threads/bike-inside-crv.145633/

The first post has pictures that are missing, but scroll down to post #6 and you'll see some pictures of bikes mounted inside the CR-V, including one with a bike, a couple of ice chests, and a bunch of other gear.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts