Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Google "Rosen CRV Nav manual.pdf" the first hits should get you the user manual and the installation manual. I checked it out. Rosen appears to be a very reputable company which started out with aviation electronics and also makes top quality car entertainment systems. Rosen is also a major OEM supplier. The head unit in question is custom fit for the 07-10 CR-V and looks factory probably the easiest and cleanest aftermarket install. You can get maps and updates for most of the world for around $50 to $80 USD.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I was looking at one of these when I was thinking about buying a 09 crv. There was a aftermarket one that a local honda dealer was selling. I am not sure if it was made by rosen or not but looked exactly the same. The only thing about it I did not like was they said it would not work with oem steering wheel radio controls. I thought it was pointless to have non functioning buttons on the steering wheel. You might want to double check on that.

·
Registered
601 Posts
I was looking at one of these when I was thinking about buying a 09 crv. There was a aftermarket one that a local honda dealer was selling. I am not sure if it was made by rosen or not but looked exactly the same. The only thing about it I did not like was they said it would not work with oem steering wheel radio controls. I thought it was pointless to have non functioning buttons on the steering wheel. You might want to double check on that.
The Rosen HD0710 Navigation Receiver Custom-fit replacement for 2007-up Honda CR-V factory radio appears to be the only aftermarket radio with a built-in steering wheel controls interface. All others if compatible with steering wheel controls require an external interface adapter.

You were either looking at at something different, the dealer was misinformed, or it has since been updated.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you're gonna cough up that much money for a system why didn't you just get it when you bought the car??
The unfortunate part is that when I bought my EX-L the Nav model was 2 to 4 months away and I did not want to wait. This was back in Jan of 2007

Thanks for all the answers.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The Rosen HD0710 Navigation Receiver Custom-fit replacement for 2007-up Honda CR-V factory radio appears to be the only aftermarket radio with a built-in steering wheel controls interface. All others if compatible with steering wheel controls require an external interface adapter.

You were either looking at at something different, the dealer was misinformed, or it has since been updated.
the chinese models on ebay seem to have it built in too, or so they say

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just installed my Rosen today. It's good over all. The fit was not plush has the original. The steering wheel control worked fine. However, the aux did not work properly (sound too much echo - not good at all comparing to the original). The installation was a breeze. Purchased my on ebay and the unit didn't come with the navigation sd card. I had a heck of a time getting the seller to send me the card. :mad: So no experience with the navigation get.

BTW...if anyone has the same unit, please sell me a duplicate copy. I am thinking you can just copy the sd cad content onto a DVD-R.

·
Registered
3 Posts

Been told just yesterday *by* a Honda dealer *they* could install it and it would fit with the steering controls perfectly. I personnaly cannot stand behind this, but this information comes from a certified dealer.

I am thinking of it for my new (and first) CR-V 09. To reply to someone else here : I was told that I would have needed to go for an EX-L (rather than EX) to have the real (factiry) system, but at a $6K price tag over... as it also goes with leather seats and everything... Which is why I look at third party.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just installed my Rosen today. It's good over all. The fit was not plush has the original. The steering wheel control worked fine. However, the aux did not work properly (sound too much echo - not good at all comparing to the original). The installation was a breeze. Purchased my on ebay and the unit didn't come with the navigation sd card. I had a heck of a time getting the seller to send me the card. :mad: So no experience with the navigation get.

BTW...if anyone has the same unit, please sell me a duplicate copy. I am thinking you can just copy the sd cad content onto a DVD-R.

Oups... Interesting to read this for the AUX. However, does the USB (assuming you use it with iPod or iPhone ??) works fine or same as the AUX you are talking about ?

Thanks
Rob

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've seen this unit installed in a 2010 CRV. Back in December when inventory was scarce around here (Portland, OR), the local dealer in Beaverton was installing these in pretty much all of their incoming CR-Vs (and then charging something like $2K extra). I played around with the unit a bit and I wasn't that impressed. I remember two things that really bugged me. The first was resolution - it looked like the LCD they were using was capable of a reasonably high resolution but it seemed like they were drawing the graphics at a lower res and then upscaling (maybe the processor in the unit isn't powerful enough to render at the full screen res). It looked kind of like viewing standard-def TV programming on a high-def screen. This sort of thing drives me nuts. The other thing I remember was ejecting the SD card that was in the unit - I assume this shipped from the factory - and then re-inserting it. As soon as I pushed it back in the unit crashed (some random windows appeared and it stopped responding to user input) and we had to restart the car to get it back to normal. Not too impressive for a $1.5K unit.

- Jay

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.