Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can't find CRV suggested Tire Rotation diagram and also Torque for Lug nuts for rotating tires on 4wd 2009 CRV, has anyone found that published or what have your been told

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
It's in your owner manual on how to rotate tires and at what torque setting you should put them.

Always do the same rotation pattern once you start it. I do the front to back and cross the rears up to the front. 80ft# on the torque.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Torque

thanks for your reply, I had called the dealer because of course my husband was already in the middle of this. They said the same on the rotation pattern but 94ft.lbs. torque. I'll have to check the manual myself, my husband said he could not find it posted. thx again!!

·
Registered
438 Posts
It's in your owner manual on how to rotate tires and at what torque setting you should put them.

Always do the same rotation pattern once you start it. I do the front to back and cross the rears up to the front. 80ft# on the torque.
I thought that was for bias ply tires and that radials always go front to back only. Anyone else? But in any event, whatever the manual says.

·
Registered
868 Posts
I thought that was for bias ply tires and that radials always go front to back only. Anyone else? But in any event, whatever the manual says.
That was the case in the early days of radials, but not any more. Of course in case of directional tires it's still true.

Badgerland has it right. :)

·
Registered
306 Posts
The 09 manual says 80 ft/lbs. with no mention of wheel type.
In googling around, it seems that every lug nut on every honda or acura gets torqued to 80 ft/lbs in every example I saw.

·
Registered
687 Posts
The 09 manual says 80 ft/lbs. with no mention of wheel type.
In googling around, it seems that every lug nut on every honda or acura gets torqued to 80 ft/lbs in every example I saw.
In gernal torque value is mostly dependant on the type, size and quality of the studs in the hub, the stud material, and the lug nut material... more than the wheel design and material. the wheel needs to be able to handle that torque value and the bolt holes be the right size and countersunk properly.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I just German torque them or use an impact gun. Fast, easy, they don't come loose. Been doing it this way for years and years, never had an issue.

As for rotation, yeah unless you have directional tires it is front to back and cross them left to right.

ALSO... be aware of your lift points. Don't be jacking on the subframe or the unibody. Lift points are directly behind the front tires and in front of the rear tires. Use a block of wood between the jack and the lift points.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts