Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I had the front disks/rotors replaced 14mths ago I now have steering wheel judder when breaking at speed which suggests rotors are warped again.
anyone suggest best rotors/disks that might last a bit longer.

Thanks

Bart

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
Usually rotors don't warp. They probably have pad buildup on them and that can cause the 'warp' feel.
Look up on how to clean the rotors and probably install new pads and properly break them in.

It could also be sticky 'slider' pins causing pad problems. Look up on how to check for that also and how to clean them properly and safely and what lube to use.
Buffalo4

·
Registered
38 Posts
Replaced OEM rotors and pads with what I thought were the higher quality parts line from Advance at around 100k miles but could have gone a lot more as the wear on the pads was maybe 3/4 gone. Even with proper break-in it shuddered with each and every stop, not to mention the dust on the wheels. Pulled them after I just couldn't stand it anymore and went with a POWER EVOLUTION Z23 kit. Came with all the hardware and, after a couple thousand miles, have been quite happy with them. Near zero brake dust, smooth stopping, powerful and with nary a shudder or a squeak. The rotors are coated so they don't show rust. Although I have to admit that anything was better than what I had previous.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts