Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello - My Honda CR-V is a 2006 LX model. It has about 145000 miles on it. I no longer have a comfortable driving feeling when I drive the car. It just feels too bumpy, noisy and is not comfortable over a long distance. Instead of spending money investing in a new car, is there something I can do to make the ride smoother (e.g. new shocks)? Also the central locking does not work, and interior cabin lights don't turn on when closed or open and the rear door open light is always on despite it remaining closed. Are these lighting issues something I can work on myself or do I need a mechanic?

·
Premium Member
2010 EX-L (AWD, non-Nav)
565 Posts
Re: the ride. Check tire pressure, it could be too high.

Also the central locking does not work, and interior cabin lights don't turn on when closed or open and the rear door open light is always on despite it remaining closed.
Those problems are all likely caused by one thing - the system thinks the rear hatch is open. Fix that and I bet you can use remote locking and the cabin lights will work again.

We can't say if this is something you can handle or not. It does involve needing to know how to use a volt meter, and possibly removing the plastic inner panel(s) on the rear hatch. I suspect the rear hatch door open switch is in the rear hatch's outside door handle somewhere.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: the ride. Check tire pressure, it could be too high.

Those problems are all likely caused by one thing - the system thinks the rear hatch is open. Fix that and I bet you can use remote locking and the cabin lights will work again.

We can't say if this is something you can handle or not. It does involve needing to know how to use a volt meter, and possibly removing the plastic inner panel(s) on the rear hatch. I suspect the rear hatch door open switch is in the rear hatch's outside door handle somewhere.
Tire pressure is fine. I have never once replaced the shocks and struts until 143k miles. Is it time for a replacement? Also any other moving parts that need to be replaced for better ride comfort?

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
10,724 Posts
Regards the tailgate open switch: wrap a rubber band around the L-shaped actuator on the left side of the opening. If that eliminates that issue post back.

Have a mechanic inspect all the suspension bushings. Lower control arm bushes and rear suspension bushes are prone to failure.

OE suspensions work best, after market parts vary in quality.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts