Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a 2019 LX. First car with CVT transmission.I noticed yesterday at highway speed of about 65 mph the rpms were fluctuating about 3 hundred I could see it on the RPM gauge and feel it. I put it in cruise control and it did the same thing. Is this normal for a CVT transmission? It's very annoying. I'm going to call the Dealership Monday but was looking for opinions on this here on the forum.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Sure, that's exactly what a continuous variable transmission does. As the load on the vehicle changes so does the transmission ratio. It's programmed to optimize the engine's output and efficiency.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No wind? No other cars near you changing the wind load?
There may have been a little wind but I wouldn't think enough to cause what was happening. The RPM fluctuations were somewhat slow and steady up and down with with the same intervals. I have never owned a vehicle that did this and I've owned a lot of new vehicles. I called the Dealer today and our sales guy said he never heard of this before. I'm going to wait until I duplicate this happening a few times and video tape it before I take it into the Dealer.

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
The CVT in my 2014 Civic doesn’t do that on flat freeway unless it’s really windy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
101 Posts
Mine fluctuated allot whe I first bought it, after 22, 000 miles it still does it on minor inclines. It's also not as harsh of fluctuation as whe it was brand new.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts