Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Honda CR-V EX 5 Speed Manual Lifted 1-Inch in the front and 1.5-inches in the rear
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have heard that an RSX shift box will fit a CRV. They are very similar except that the actual shifter is a different shape. Has anyone put in a short shifter or non-OEM shifter in their manual CRV?

I plan to put in a Revo Technica RSX base Short shifter:

Short Shifter:
Auto part Automotive wheel system Font Metal Fashion accessory
Automotive lighting Automotive exterior Wood Auto part Automotive wheel system
OEM Shifter

I should be getting the part in the coming weeks and ill post up any updates on this thread.

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
14,218 Posts
No personal experience, but watch the position of the shifter... as you noted.

But check over on the Element sites for clues. They were the first to install the 6th gear overdrives from Integras and RSX.

·
Registered
2004 Honda CR-V EX 5 Speed Manual Lifted 1-Inch in the front and 1.5-inches in the rear
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No personal experience, but watch the position of the shifter... as you noted.

But check over on the Element sites for clues. They were the first to install the 6th gear overdrives from Integras and RSX.
The Element shifter box is a different design. I asked around to see if it would fit and people said yes. I do have an extension on my current shifter that basically cancels the curve on the OEM CRV shifter. We shall see, ill update the read as I go along.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update on the short shifter - The shifter fits and is useable, however:

1. The shifter position becomes too far and you are reaching for the shifter
2. You must modify the boot for the adjuster to fit.

So with this, I will have to return the shifter. I did however post other mods I've done to get better shift feel.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts